Can't play multiple part movies, nothing happens

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
bobotech

Can't play multiple part movies, nothing happens

Post by bobotech »

I have a large amount of movies that are 2 or more files. They are labeled like this: Biloxi Blues (1988).cd1.mp4 or whatever where the cd1 is part 1 and cd2 is part 2.

Whenever I try to play any of those multi part movies, nothing appears to happen, its as though the movie is missing.

These are being streamed from my livingroom server computer running Frodo and sharing the database via UPNP shares.

I just updated to 3.3.3 and that didn't appear to help at all.

Also, how the heck do I confirm what version of XBmc I'm running? There is an about XMBC in the settings menu but when I select that, nothing happens.

Any idieas?
AZImmortal

Re: Can't play multiple part movies, nothing happens

Post by AZImmortal »

When you say that nothing happens, do you mean that the file that you try to play doesn't start playing at all? Or do you mean that the first part plays and then the second part doesn't play when the first part ends? If it's the latter, then as far as I know, multi part videos don't play consecutively automatically.

As far as confirming your XBMC version, there's a system info selection that you can make.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

bobotech

Post by bobotech »

When I try to play any multipart movie, nothing happens at all. Its like I didn't press any button at all.

I did figure out how to bring up the system info and I am on 3.3.3.

I will look at the link now.
bornagainpenguin

Post by bornagainpenguin »

Hijacking this topic because I'm having the same issue. Here's a log:

Code: Select all

http://pastebin.com/icntHTbj
Edit: Never mind, I figured it out....

... Turned out (at least in my case) what I needed to do was hit info on the remote on the first part of the movie and the second part got added automatically. On single file movies all I had to do was hit info on the directory and it worked. Not sure why.