scrape video library just from samba share .nfos?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
dan.h

scrape video library just from samba share .nfos?

Post by dan.h »

Hi guys, what with the new beta release of XBMC I figured I'd finally like to get my video collection showing up in the XBMC library.

I've got a samba share containing a folder of tv shows and I've used Media Center Manager to create .nfo files, rename each folder and download posters/screenshots etc.
in MCM there's a setting to configure the .nfo files for XBMC, and out of the 3 XBMC options I chose pre-Dharma (other two options were to configure for Dharma/Eden or Frodo).

I browse to my samba share on my xbox and on the tv show folder (which contains subfolders of all my tv shows), set content to tv and let it use the default scraper selected (tvDB.com?). The only other option I select is 'run automated scan'. Unfortunately it only picks up 3 of the tv shows and leaves the rest out. I've played around with a couple of the other scrapers and have had improved success but never 100%.

Obviously as I have the .nfo files and artwork etc. I don't want XBMC to scrape from the internet, just use what is already available. I tried looking on the wiki page but I'm obviously missing something. Shown below are some debug files, where I clear my library and try to rescrape - sorry for the length of these:
pastebin link 1
pastebin link 2
pastebin link 3

The same is true for my movie library but figured the problem is the same. Can anyone tell me how to just scrape from the samba shares? Cheers, Dan
Dan Dar3

Re: scrape video library just from samba share .nfos?

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Might help if you just focus on one at a time. Also might have something to do with your tvshow.nfo file, missing this <episodeguide> tag?

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Import ... y#TV_Shows

Code: Select all

20:25:42 M: 91385856   ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode smb://DANPC/share/Downloads/TV/South Park/Season 16/Southpark - 1602 - Cash For Gold {C_P}.avi/Southpark - 1602 - Cash For Gold {C_P}.avi online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
dan.h

Post by dan.h »

Thanks for the reply and posting a link to the wiki, I don't have an <episodeguide> tag in the tvshow.nfo file but there is an <episodeguideurl> tag in there which, for South Park, links to the follwing dead link:

Code: Select all

<episodeguideurl>http://thetvdb.com/api/xbmc/series/75897/all/en.zip</episodeguideurl>
I guess in my tvshow.nfo I don't want either the <episodeguide> or <episodeguideurl> tags in there and hopefully the individual episode .nfo tags are imported in. I'll have a play around in Media Center Master tand try and tweak the settings.

Incidentally when I 'set content' on a tv show folder, should the .nfo files in the folder be read into the library even if a scraper such as imdb is selected?

Cheers
dan.h

Post by dan.h »

I tried playing around with the nfo files and it was the <episodeguideurl> url tags screwing up the scraping, thanks for the help Dan Dar3. If I manually remove that tag then the files get scanned in ok.
I can't find a setting in MCM to stop adding that tag in each .nfo file so have tried using Ember instead on half my collection and it works pretty well. However, downloading of poster-art etc. isnt as automated (in MCM different thumbnails would be downloaded for individual episodes, now it's typically the same for all episodes in a given season).

A search on Google show Media Companion, Media Center Master and Ember as the main programs used with mainline XBMC, I was wondering what sofware people use with XBMC4XBOX?
Ailyn Zel

Post by Ailyn Zel »

dan.h wrote:A search on Google show Media Companion, Media Center Master and Ember as the main programs used with mainline XBMC, I was wondering what sofware people use with XBMC4XBOX?
Hey dan.h, I use TVRename and Ember. Neither is perfect. Ember works great for Movies and allows you to create your own collection. You can also mark a movie as watched but have to do it individually. There is some support for trailer links through either a specific website (forget what it is) or using YouTube on XBMC4XBOX. For YouTube, you have to tweak it a little. I also use it to download TV Season posters. I use TVRename for tv banners and TV .nfos and have not had a problem.

Let me know if you have any questions. I can take a look at my settings to let you know how I have mine configured.
dan.h

Post by dan.h »

Thanks a lot for the offer, I'm pretty happy with Ember and to be honest can manually fix a few of the problems it has with pulling the right banners and .nfo files. Just wanted to know what people thought the best all-encompassing software was but considering all the software is free I can't complain too much!

I'll be sure to check out TVrename, I've not come across that one before