No calibration options..?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
zalibidas

No calibration options..?

Post by zalibidas »

I'm finding that the screen is stretched out pretty far to the sides and a tad on the top. I read up on it a bit, and I heard you are supposed to calibrate it in the system settings? I'm not seeing it under video output. I am using just standard composite cables right now.. not sure how much a difference that makes. Nothing I change in aspect ratio seems to change anything either.
amvalk

Re: No calibration options..?

Post by amvalk »

After xbmc boots up go to the System tab and go to settings > video > playback. Then go over to video calibration and use the d-pad to fist adjust the top left corner. I recommend leaving enough room where you can still see the blue corners or else some parts of the screen might still get chopped off. Once calibrated in that area press the a button and do the same process with the d-pad to calibrate the lower right corner. Press the a button again and calibrate where subtitles will be positioned. Press a button again and use the d-pad to align the box to be a perfect square on your television. Press the a button once more and then you can press the back button to exit. I would recommend clicking in the right analog stick and going down to reset. And let xbmc load up once more and your system will be calibrated to your television.

Note: Calibration will need to be done when switching tv's to size properly to different televisions.

Hope this answered your question
zalibidas

Post by zalibidas »

That did the trick! Thanks a ton!
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Video calibration is also under - settings>appearance>display.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
xman

Post by xman »

I prefer to put the screen that is over sized and hit the small left lower black button, on the controller to bring up the virtual keypad, click up, hit the green button and the video calibration is there so now you can adjust while it is actually on screen
2 Bunny

CALIBRATED Reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

xman wrote:I prefer to put the screen that is over sized and hit the small left lower black button, on the controller to bring up the virtual keypad, click up, hit the green button and the video calibration is there so now you can adjust while it is actually on screen
+1 for that. Sometimes it's tough (especially on displays that cut the image off) to get the picture perfect with no overscan or underscan with just the arrows, having a paused frame of video while you're performing that can make a world of difference.