Library issue.

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
joejoe2079

Library issue.

Post by joejoe2079 »

Hi guys,

Firstly thanks for all the hard work in keeping this project going. Great to have a still-functioning XBMC in my front room.
Noticed a bug, not too serious just slightly annoying, which I thought you might like to know about...

If you try to go to one of the Video library sections, Music library sections, or plugin sections direct from the homescreen, XBMC brings up a dialogue saying "Loading directory" with a progress bar. However it just sticks here and doesn't progress. You can cancel out of it, which then just brings you to the top level of Music, Video or whichever section you're trying to get into.
The directory it says it is trying to load relates to the library section, so for example if I try for Movies by title, it will say it's loading the directory "videodb://1/2", if I try for Music by album - "musicdb://3", Program plugins "plugin://programs", TV shows by genre "videodb://2/1", and so on.

Now strangely, the problem only occurs if XBMC doesn't have a network connection. So, if I connect my Xbox to a router or laptop, the problem goes away. Disconnect my Xbox from the router, problem comes back again. Even stranger, the connection does NOT need to be an internet connection - if I disconnect my router from the internet and do the same test, same thing happens - i.e. so long as XBMC has an IP address, regardless of what's at the other end of that connection, then it's happy. Weird.

I've pasted two logs:
- http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=76347
where I turned on XBMC no network connection, attempted to open TV Shows listed by Title - that brings up the dialogue box, which I cancelled out of, then shut down.
- http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=76348
where I turned on XBMC connected by ethernet to my laptop (but with WITHOUT an internet connection), opened TV Shows listed by Title (which this time worked normally), then shut XBMC down.

Cheers guys.
Dan Dar3

Re: Library issue.

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@joejoe2079
You seem to be running a nightly build, noticing some Python 2.7 in your log statements.

Can you try the same with 3.3.3 release instead?
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/2013/10/xbm ... -released/
aadc

Post by aadc »

same thing happened with 3.3.3 release
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

do a fresh install (not over the top of old install), and post a new debug log please (with xbmc4xbox 3.3.3)
LSDArcade

Post by LSDArcade »

I have the same issue. It only occurs when the Xbox is not hooked up through a network.
musicdb.jpg
I figured out that this occurs when you select a default selection, in my case albums. This does not pop up if you clear the default. I like having albums as my default though. It's really all I ever use.
Jas0r

Post by Jas0r »

Hi

I get the same issue on version 3.3.3, the library works if I am connected to the network but doesn't when not. I don't have a permanent connection to the xbox as its too far away so I only plug it in to update the library. Is there any fix for this yet?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

debug log is needed.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

I think LSDArcade is dead on - I was able to replicate it in Movies, Music and even Plugins, and it was always about the "default". Tried with different defaults and the message changes accordingly.

To replicate the issue, go into say Music, select (highlight) Albums, "right-click" and choose "Make default". Restart or reboot without a network connection (both important), then go back to Music. It will hang on with "Loading directory" / "musicdb://3" progress dialog.

Debug log (hard reseted after a while, thought I might give you a cleaner ending log, let me know if otherwise) - I'll create a ticket with similar details if you want Buzz:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=114991

To double check, went back and "Clear default" from Music > Albums, restart, go back to Music and the issue was gone - so there's something funny about the "default".
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

What we see on screen looks like what might be CGUIMediaWindow::WaitForNetwork()?
https://svn.exotica.org.uk:8443/xbmc4xb ... Window.cpp
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

yep that could be it cheers. not looked yet though at the issue. you know what to do :) (ticket).
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »