Soft or hardmod

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Woffels

Soft or hardmod

Post by Woffels »

Bought a xbox and im not sure is it has a hard- or softmod. It is modded, im sure. What to do to find out?
professor_jonny

Re: Soft or hardmod

Post by professor_jonny »

does it power on with the standard green xlogo and movie ? if so it is probally a softmod.

you could open it up and post a pic?
infinity8x3

Post by infinity8x3 »

I seen in your other thread that you mentioned you have a small hard drive. I would bet that it's a stock hard drive. That means it wasn't opened to upgrade the HDD. Flip the xbox over and look at the silver stickers on the bottom. See if they have been removed, lifted up any, or a hole punched threw them over where a screw is. If the stickers look un altered and you have a stock HDD then I would think you have a softmodded xbox. It has to be opened up in order to install a chip (hardmod)
Got a pit bull?
http://mypitbullpro.com
Woffels

Post by Woffels »

Xbox had been opned for sure. If the box starts up, i see a evoX logo land something like Slayer 2.7.
xman

Post by xman »

Sounds like a modchip :D Grab a photo of the mother board will confirm it.
Woffels

Post by Woffels »

you are right, i opened the box and there is a modchip. small circuitboard connected to the motherboard saying Xs hadow and some wire connected to it. Chips on this small board are named "Lattice" and the other some sst 49lf020a.

Thanks for your help.

I have a 250gig hdd to upgrade, what is the best (easy) method to upgrade my xbox? Cause there seems to be a different method for softmod and hardmod xboxes. From all the forums im not shure which method to choose.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Woffels wrote:I have a 250gig hdd to upgrade, what is the best (easy) method to upgrade my xbox? Cause there seems to be a different method for softmod and hardmod xboxes. From all the forums im not shure which method to choose.
You've got evox BIOS, all you need to do is physically replace the drive. It will detect the new drive and automatically format it for you.

Before you start, you may wish to unlock the existing drive (assuming it is locked - it may not be) so it isn't a brick when removed. If so, use an installer disc to unlock it.

You will also probably want to use an installer disc to help 'build' your replacedment drive.

For installer discs, my personal preference is HeXEn, but others, like Slayers and AID, are also up to the job. Search the forums.