Youtube Trailers and Movie info

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
snowdogged

Youtube Trailers and Movie info

Post by snowdogged »

Hi, first off, I would like to thank everyone that contributed to making and modifying xbmc4xbox!

I was wondering if there is a way to watch the movie trailers from within a plugin? Like if I am using [removed], can I somehow watch a movie trailer from within it. Also, when I click on movie info it just comes up blank. Is there a way to configure it so I will actually get the movie info?

Thanks
whufclee

Re: Youtube Trailers and Movie info

Post by whufclee »

Having movie info (metadata) is not possible on the xbox at the moment. If you install one of the latest nightly test test builds then there is work in place that allows for metadata but due to the limited RAM it's pretty slow at loading up when enabled.

As far as the integration of trailers goes I suppose in theory it should be possible to code but we're short on coders and everyone is busy with other projects. In the meantime there are some trailer plugins you can install, it won't be integrated into the [removed] addon but they do work. Also, [removed] is ok but it's not great on xbox so if you haven't already tried it I'd highly recommend movie25.
snowdogged

Re: Youtube Trailers and Movie info

Post by snowdogged »

whufclee wrote:Having movie info (metadata) is not possible on the xbox at the moment. If you install one of the latest nightly test test builds then there is work in place that allows for metadata but due to the limited RAM it's pretty slow at loading up when enabled.

As far as the integration of trailers goes I suppose in theory it should be possible to code but we're short on coders and everyone is busy with other projects. In the meantime there are some trailer plugins you can install, it won't be integrated into the [removed] addon but they do work. Also, [removed] is ok but it's not great on xbox so if you haven't already tried it I'd highly recommend movie25.
Thanks a lot for the information! Yeah, I already use Movie25.

Thanks again!