Scraper Issues

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
bsell1

Re: Scraper Issues

Post by bsell1 »

Thanks, got it working.
Spaceman

Post by Spaceman »

Just to let folk know.
IMDB scraper isn't working correctly again. It'll scrape some info but not synopsis.
Fortunately you can still scan it into library.
kolosus

Post by kolosus »

I'm still having issues. Someone please help.

I updated my 3.1 xbmc to 3.3 tonight. I brought in my UserData folder from my old 3.1 install. I downloaded the files from the 258 bug report and placed them in the correct folder as indicated.

When I try to scan for new content I still get the "Could not download information. Server is most likely unavailable..." dialog.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Please help.

XBMC4Xbox 3.3-r31796

PS: This is my first post on this site after the xbmc4xbox site went belly up. Thanks for carrying on the legacy.
foresto

Post by foresto »

Spaceman wrote:IMDB scraper isn't working correctly again. It'll scrape some info but not synopsis.
Confirmed.

I've attached a new version of system/scrapers/video/common/imdb.xml and a new patch to the bug report. These replace the earlier versions, and must be used together with the other files I attached earlier. This update fixes imdb Plot Summary scraping.

Note that the imdb's Plot Summary page for some movies is empty. Obviously, the scraper won't retrieve any plot text for those movies.
haljordan

Post by haljordan »

foresto wrote:
Spaceman wrote:IMDB scraper isn't working correctly again. It'll scrape some info but not synopsis.
Confirmed.

I've attached a new version of system/scrapers/video/common/imdb.xml and a new patch to the bug report. These replace the earlier versions, and must be used together with the other files I attached earlier. This update fixes imdb Plot Summary scraping.

Note that the imdb's Plot Summary page for some movies is empty. Obviously, the scraper won't retrieve any plot text for those movies.
Hey man thanks for all your quick work fixing this stuff. It is greatly appreciated.
waynec42

Post by waynec42 »

Hi,

I tried this fix yesterday but was unsuccessful. It behaved the same with the Server unavailable error.

I installed the latest stable release beforehand and found I had no library anymore. I did keep my user data folder to maintain the library.

I've reverted back to the old install (3.1 I think) and the library has returned.

Did I do something wrong in this process?
Dom DXecutioner

Scraper Issues

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

This is a very old thread; Try using the latest nightly build; if it does not work, upload debug log to pastebin and post link.