XBMC issue when DVD Disc inserted

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Stef2012

XBMC issue when DVD Disc inserted

Post by Stef2012 »

Hi, I've got an issue with XBMC 3.3.1.

Basically when I put some DVD-Video or DVD-R disc's into the DVD drive I get the 'waiting' dialog come up & it then just sits there spinning & the xbox needs to be restarted via power button. Once system is turned on with disc in drive the disc will play fine. Eject the disc & put a new disc in & the same thing will happen again requiring the xbox to again be turned off/on.

Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/h2f8uaFi
sixties keith

Re: XBMC issue when DVD Disc inserted

Post by sixties keith »

i had this problem as well. all i did was turn the auto run dvd media off in the settings page and manually hit play disk which has sorted the problem.

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
Stef2012

Post by Stef2012 »

sixties keith wrote:i had this problem as well. all i did was turn the auto run dvd media off in the settings page and manually hit play disk which has sorted the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion but I already have the Autorun disabled & always use the play disc icon instead.

I thought maybe it was a problem with the DVD drive itself but I've tried a known working drive in the xbox & I still have the same problem.

EDit-
I've just discovered that enabling the Autorun option fixes the problem. Doesn't solve the issue for Non DVD-Video discs though although only some of my data discs suffer from the issue.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

with at least a few people reporting the same problem it could be a few things.

either disc related (type) or the format in which it has been burnt onto disc.

could also be a certain versions of dvd drive. do they all suffer from this problem? ill try your suggestion and see if any more discs play

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
Stef2012

Post by Stef2012 »

Most DVD-Video disc's caused the crash but some did not, There all original retail disc's not one's I've burned myself.
With the DVD Data discs most work OK, Just a couple which have caused the problem.

My DVD drive is a Samsung-605, I also tried an older Thompson & another Samsung-605, The problem was there on all of them.

Its a problem I had about a year ago when I tested one of the nightly builds but when I went back to a stable build everything was working Ok again.
The problem began again 3-4 months back again when I tested a nightly build although has continued onto build 3.3 despite a total reinstall of XBMC. Right now im running the latest version 3.3.2.