How To Refresh A Library

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
odellkevin

How To Refresh A Library

Post by odellkevin »

I have all my movies in their own subfolder inside the main "Movies" folder. [ie. Movies/127 Hours (2010)/127 Hours (2010).avi], also in each subfolder, I have a corresponding .nfo, .tbn and -fanart.jpg file. I recently did a fresh install of XBMC, added the movies folder as a source, set the content, and set "run automated scan". The scan took about 2 minutes for >1000 folders. When I select Movies in XBMC, I have a screen showing 1000 blue folders. When I select/open one of the folders, the fanart and coverart (thumbnail) is displayed correctly, but when I back out, still the blue folder. Now, I know I can copy the .tbn inside the subfolder and rename it folder.jpg, or copy all of the .tbn's to the main movie folder, and that would give me the correct folder art, but, if I select a blue folder, hit info on the XBOX remote, it will refresh the movie info locally, and give me the correct folder art, (it takes about 1 - 1.5 minutes per movie), and that's a little extreme for 1000 movies. But, also, when in the "Movies" source, if I bring up the left side menu, and "Enable Library", the ONLY movies that will show up in the Library are the ones that I did the Info button/Refresh thing for. So, my question is...is there a way to do an automated refresh of a local library, without hitting the info button on each movie folder?
Dan Dar3

Re: How To Refresh A Library

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Debug log please.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65

You might want to move / copy a few of those movies into a temporary location, add a source to that location the same way and potentially remove the original source or flag it so it's not automatically scanned - it will make it produce a smaller log file, easier to follow. Once you / we get that working you add the final source location.
odellkevin

Post by odellkevin »

http://pastebin.com/BegnMDTS

I completely deleted my entire XBMC folder via ftp, then copied over 3.3.1. I moved 4 movie folders into a folder called "Test". Started XBMC, and added the "Test" folder as a source, set the content as movies and ran an automated scan. It detected nothing, and nothing was added to the library. Then I went directly to the folder and hit the "Info" button on the remote, and immediately got all the info and art, and movie was added to library.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Right, on the source, since you have them in subfolders with correct name and year, did you check the box to "Use folder names for lookups"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKHBYd5WOTI

Also, did you enable Video Library in Settings?
odellkevin

Post by odellkevin »

Enable Video Library is enabled by default on a new install, (I went back and checked anyway, and it was selected (blue dot)). And yes, I checked "Use folder names for lookups."

Also, in your video, even though you were using PMIII skin, you added the source, and then enabled library. I thought that might be it, but in the ConLite skin, you can add a source, but you cannot set the content or scan content until you enable library mode.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

My videos will be updated soon, just waiting on some new video capture equipment to arrive.

I'm afraid I'm unable to test at the moment as I moved all my movies out of sub-folders and into the movie root directory. I don't like it this way but the xbox does, scanning content not located in sub-folders is a MUCH faster process (or at least it was - I've not tried on a recent build). Sorry I don't have an answer for you but it's another option to consider.
Spongy

Post by Spongy »

Go back to "set content" and choose "scan recursively" then scan again.
odellkevin

Post by odellkevin »

Okay, fixed it. It was the "Selected folder contains a single video file" that was screwing me up. Even though all of the folders contain a single video file, if I selected that option, the scan found nothing, regardless of any other options I had selected. If I selected only "Run automated scan", it found nothing. If I selected "Run automated scan" and "Use folder names for lookups", (with or without selecting "Scan recursively"), it found all of my content, with the appropriate thumbnail, fanart, and folder art, AND correctly added everything to the Library so it would appear correctly in "Library mode". The only odd thing was, if I selected only "Run automated scan" and "Scan recursively", it would find all of my content, and add it to the Library, but it would not display the folder art, (they would all stay as blue folders). Even if I went back and rescanned with "Use folder names for lookups" enabled, it would not display folder art. I had to ensure I had only the first three options enabled the FIRST time I scanned for it to work correctly.