Really old build of XBMC

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Jbev

Really old build of XBMC

Post by Jbev »

Hi all,
Installed this many years ago and have a build that is probably over 5 years old. What is the simplist way to update to the current build?

I haven't got anything installed, programme wise or roms so not bothered about losing any data at all. Is their a way to burn a build onto a cd/DVD and allow it to install from scratch?

It has been a while since I last messed around with my original Xbox so please be patient with me

TIA

Joel
captainsensation

Re: Really old build of XBMC

Post by captainsensation »

Jbev wrote:Hi all,
Installed this many years ago and have a build that is probably over 5 years old. What is the simplist way to update to the current build?

I haven't got anything installed, programme wise or roms so not bothered about losing any data at all. Is their a way to burn a build onto a cd/DVD and allow it to install from scratch?

It has been a while since I last messed around with my original Xbox so please be patient with me

TIA

Joel
welcome to the board Joel. The easiest thing to do is rename your old build and FTP the newest build 3.3.1 over to your xbox. You can find the download link here in the forum in the development section.
Jbev

Re: Really old build of XBMC

Post by Jbev »

Ok, thanks. Had a look at updating the build but now would like to put a bigger hdd in.

Is their any way I can create the new hdd in a caddy? Ie a whole new build with everything on it xbmc, emulators rooms etc. then just put it straight into the Xbox?

Or with AID can I just put a virgin hdd in the xbox and boot up with the AID DISK and this will do all the nessecary stuff? Again soft mod it, install xbmc emulators etc?

As I say it doesn't matter if I loose any programes saves etc just want to do it as easy of possible

TIA

Joel