Can't get xbmc to be default dashboard

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
z0de

Can't get xbmc to be default dashboard

Post by z0de »

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but every time I try to change the dashboard with the various methods(shortcut maker, pre-made shortcut) I always end up bricking the xbox and needing to hot swap the drive to a pc and use 360xplorer to put the old dash back. I have a 1.6 (Bios 5838.1) softmoded xbox with a working 300gig drive which boots to an evox dash(pic below) with xbmcforxbox installed as an application which works. What method should I be using to make the final step and make xbmc my default dash?

What the dash looks like:

What files I see when I ftp in:
captainsensation

Re: Can't get xbmc to be default dashboard

Post by captainsensation »

download slayers 2.97 or 2.98, it has an option to make xbmc your default dashboard and makes the shortcut for you. I recommend it highly in your case since you keep having to put your drive in your pc. You dont need to do that. With this cd or auto installer deluxe you can still FTP into your xbox when the cd/dvd loads.
z0de

Post by z0de »

I take it that that's a disk to load on the xbox? Slight problem as the dvd drive stop working ages ago.
captainsensation

well your best bet is to ftp to you xbox as i said earlier. You can use qwix to extract an iso of slayers and FTP that to your hard drive too. If you do that you can just run it as an app use it to change your default dash to xbmc.
z0de

Post by z0de »

Nice one, it worked.

some notes:

I had to get avalaunch on the xbox for qwix to work, it kept hanging trying to transfer a .bin with the standard dash.
When I used slayer to make the shortcut it said I had to make sure that xbmc was on F on a large drive, It was actually on G but worked anyway.
captainsensation

z0de wrote:Nice one, it worked.

some notes:

I had to get avalaunch on the xbox for qwix to work, it kept hanging trying to transfer a .bin with the standard dash.
When I used slayer to make the shortcut it said I had to make sure that xbmc was on F on a large drive, It was actually on G but worked anyway.
Glad things worked for you, youre welcome :)