Youtube 3.3.1 Script Failed

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
poshea

Youtube 3.3.1 Script Failed

Post by poshea »

I'm just updated to XBMC4XBOX 3.3.1.

I installed Youtube 3.3.1 using the Addons4Xbox Installer - XBMC4XBox Addons. It seems to install normally - but when I try to run it, I get Error - Script Failed! : YouTube. Not sure what I've done wrong. I have another plugin (The Trailers), which is working fine.

I've attached debug log. Thanks.
Last edited by poshea on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdally204

Re: Youtube 3.3.1 Script Failed

Post by mrdally204 »

I see this repeated a few times in your log

"ImportError: No module named xbmcaddon"

This is odd as xbmcaddon should have been prepackaged with XBMC 3.3.1 release. FTP into your box and see if it is located: XBMC/scripts/.modules/script.module.xbmcaddon

If not, check the original zip you downloaded for 3.3.1 and it should be there for you to FTP back over. Another option would be to try the addons installer and look for modules. It might be located there.
poshea

Post by poshea »

Your right. I don't have Apps/XBMC/scripts/.modules/script.module.xbmcaddon.

The only files in my .modules folder are:
script.common.plugin.cache
script.module.parsedom
script.module.simplejson
script.module.xbmcvfs

There are no files in the xbmc/scripts/ folder from the downloaded zip of 3.3.1 (or any previous builds I have
I can't find script.module.xbmcaddon anywhere searching for script modules addons on addons4xbox installer...
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

poshea wrote:Your right. I don't have Apps/XBMC/scripts/.modules/script.module.xbmcaddon.

The only files in my .modules folder are:
script.common.plugin.cache
script.module.parsedom
script.module.simplejson
script.module.xbmcvfs

There are no files in the xbmc/scripts/ folder from the downloaded zip of 3.3.1 (or any previous builds I have
I can't find script.module.xbmcaddon anywhere searching for script modules addons on addons4xbox installer...
Only thing i can think of is to copy your 3.3 xbmcaddon over to 3.3.1. Mind you there has been a fix for the home screen addon submenus to get those plugins working properly from the menus.
poshea

Post by poshea »

I had the same error trying to install youtube with 3.3. I did have youtube running on a previous build, can't remember how far back.. Maybe 3.2.1 ...but it's long been deleted. Can someone perhaps post the script.module.xbmcaddon file and I'll just ftp that over manually... See if that fixes it...
mrdally204

Post by mrdally204 »

Odd. I have that script in my original zip I got from the Google drive link on here. Double check and reply back. If you can't find it I will up it tomorrow for you
poshea

Post by poshea »

Sorry... My ftp client was not showing them as they are hidden/invisible. Hmmm, wonder if there are other 'hidden' files my ftp client did not copy over?! I'm on Mac so anything preempted with "." is hidden by default. In this case the .modules folder.

Copied them manually, and now it seems to be working. Thanks so much! I might ftp the whole xbmc over again with hidden files on incase it missed anything else....
poshea

Post by poshea »

Thanks again! Now that I've got it running - is Youtube 3.3.1 from the xbmc4xbox add-ons repo the best option? I notice the xbmc.org repo has youtube 3.4.6
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

poshea wrote:Thanks again! Now that I've got it running - is Youtube 3.3.1 from the xbmc4xbox add-ons repo the best option? I notice the xbmc.org repo has youtube 3.4.6
use 3.3.1 from the repo.