Adding a usb to controller port 4

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
anthonyp555

Adding a usb to controller port 4

Post by anthonyp555 »

If I add a usb to port 4 can I still use the usb while using port 4 or only use port 4 while no usb device is plugged in?
2 Bunny

PORT Reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

Yup. When I did mine, I just took apart an old USB extension cable, then wired the wires together to the second port (it was most accessible to me) and just made sure to connect the wires back from the original port as well as my add-in. With this setup, I retain full functionality of the controller ports and can also connect USB peripherals, although support for devices is limited and your mileage may vary (many keyboards do work along with some mice and a number of USB flash drives under 4GB - DVDs or FTP are really the easiest way to copy files to the console).
bigkidoz

Re: Adding a usb to controller port 4

Post by bigkidoz »

Not at the same time you cant, as the bunny said you can just wire a usb extension onto the back of the controller port wiring so that it can still be used but not simultaneously.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
2 Bunny

CONTROLLER USB Reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

bigkidoz wrote:Not at the same time you cant, as the bunny said you can just wire a usb extension onto the back of the controller port wiring so that it can still be used but not simultaneously.
Ah yes, I almost forgot to mention that 8-) Don't use the controller port and the USB modification at the same time.