3.2 stable - Can't update database

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
AnthonyB

3.2 stable - Can't update database

Post by AnthonyB »

Hi,

Just FTP'd 3.2 stable over the top of my previously working 31107 build and saw the usual signs of database issues (RSS feed stuttering, only a 'Files' option on Videos menu)

Debug log shows constant error:

Code: Select all

21:15:31 M: 34070528  NOTICE: Attempting to update the database MyVideos34.db from version 37 to 38
21:15:31 M: 34070528   ERROR: SQLite: SQL error or missing database
                                            Query: ALTER table movie add c21 text
21:15:31 M: 34070528   ERROR: Error attempting to update the database version!
21:15:31 M: 34070528   ERROR: Can't update the database MyVideos34.db from version 37 to 38
Full debug log here - http://pastebin.ca/2174828

I've been using XBMC since inception so am used to having to create new databases at times. Still, if you were expecting the database upgrade to work, I've kept a backup copy if there's any analysis you want to do, or you want me to send you a copy.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: 3.2 stable - Can't update database

Post by BuZz »

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ase+stable

I asked for user testing on the old forum and the new. I had a couple of reports everything was ok.

If you ran a new enough nightly after the last stable, the upgrade wouldn't work, but it should have been ok going from 3.1 to 3.2 - if not, then it's a big shame, and I only wish I could have had some more user testing before hand.

let me know regarding the nightly, and ill be happy to take a look at your old db.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

basically if you had run any revision from r31111 to r31129 after the 3.1 release then the database upgrade definitely wouldn't have worked

it should work if your database was created on the 3.1 release though - so if not, it means I missed something.

your log suggests you had database version 37 already, which probably means you ran a newer nightly build between those revisions above. (i'd have to check the code to be sure).

It might be worth noting this info on the download page also.
AnthonyB

Post by AnthonyB »

Thanks Buzz.

it is possible that I had Build 31117 installed; I have it downloaded but don't recall upgrading. I seem to remember reading in the old forums that a DB upgrade occurred sometime around then which made me stick with the build I had.

As mentioned, I've started re-scanning everything anyway. I'll PM you a download link to my old database to take a look at in case I was running a build that should have upgraded nicely.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

cheers.
stevengw

Post by stevengw »

just ftp'd a fresh install to my Xbox, all seems to be ok for now.. Except no [removed] :-(
Xbox (black) with 1.6rev board (final), Xecuter 3 Pro, with LCD, XE control panel with pro switches + usb,
IR mod and micro usb programming port. XE 3D Laser logo.
1080i HD mod to board and HDMI output cable.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

Yep, I had the same problem. I enabled startup library update then It crashed.

I thought maybe enabling Video Library Update on start would dump the thumbnail video cache, It didn't.

I don't have any video stored on my HDD so I was thinking that may have something to do with it.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

stevengw wrote:just ftp'd a fresh install to my Xbox, all seems to be ok for now.. Except no [removed] :-(
[removed] is on Jans special build, it requires certain dependencies. You could try copying over all the script modules and plugins from Jans build to the new stable release or wait for him to release the new one.
stevengw

Post by stevengw »

whufclee wrote:
stevengw wrote:just ftp'd a fresh install to my Xbox, all seems to be ok for now.. Except no [removed] :-(
[removed] is on Jans special build, it requires certain dependencies. You could try copying over all the script modules and plugins from Jans build to the new stable release or wait for him to release the new one.

tried that.. no joy.. must be some deeper programming.
Xbox (black) with 1.6rev board (final), Xecuter 3 Pro, with LCD, XE control panel with pro switches + usb,
IR mod and micro usb programming port. XE 3D Laser logo.
1080i HD mod to board and HDMI output cable.