How to disable "persistent softmod" ?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
maxgraham

How to disable "persistent softmod" ?

Post by maxgraham »

Hi everyone, I am kinda noob in xbox hacking stuff, I messed up my xbox trying to solder the tsop cables, so I handed it to my friend who did everything, so I don't know if I have this xmbc or not, but I have an tsop-ed 1.6 xbox. (Can be hardmoded and softmoded at the same time anyway?)

Anyway, my question would be, how to disable this "xbox persistent softmod " feature?

Counter Strike and Forza Motorsport doesnt launch, Forza gives black screen right after launch, with Counter-strike the valve logo comes in, then when it would enter the main menu it gives me black screen too, but I can hear the background music. People say if I disable the persistent softmod feature they will run fine, but I dont see any option like this, somebody wrote "Applications -> NKPatcher Settings -> 2. EEPROM -> 2.1 Advanced Features -> 2.1.3 Persistent Softmod -> Enable/Disable.", well I dont see anything NKPatcher related stuff either :D

I tried a redumped version of the Counter-Strike, first one was like 1,3 gb, this one is 1,55, but gives the same result ...

Anybody got idea what to do now? Thanks!

(and sorry if its wrong topic related, as I mentioned I am really new to this stuff, this is the first forum that came up in google)
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: How to disable "persistent softmod" ?

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

XBMC is 'just' a dashboard like UnleashX or EvoX, in simple terms the alternative GUI you have installed to replace the original MS dash.

XBMC comes in 'standard' XBMC4Xbox form but there are several other versions for the Xbox customised for various purposes too.

I do not know about the other stuff related to the persistent softmod. From the sound of it you used Rocky5's XBSMT at some point. So you need advice from someone who knows more about that softmodding tool's features than I do now.

However one thing I can be sure of is that you don't have a v1.6 TSOP: the Xbox v1.6 does not have a TSOP chip.

If it has had a third party boot chip fitted (Aladdin or Xenium type most likely) it will have had the LPC re-enabled by additional wiring.

Perhaps that is what you meant.
maxgraham

Re: How to disable "persistent softmod" ?

Post by maxgraham »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:02 pm XBMC is 'just' a dashboard like UnleashX or EvoX, in simple terms the alternative GUI you have installed to replace the original MS dash.

XBMC comes in 'standard' XBMC4Xbox form but there are several other versions for the Xbox customised for various purposes too.

I do not know about the other stuff related to the persistent softmod. From the sound of it you used Rocky5's XBSMT at some point. So you need advice from someone who knows more about that softmodding tool's features than I do now.

However one thing I can be sure of is that you don't have a v1.6 TSOP: the Xbox v1.6 does not have a TSOP chip.

If it has had a third party boot chip fitted (Aladdin or Xenium type most likely) it will have had the LPC re-enabled by additional wiring.

Perhaps that is what you meant.
oh yea, you are right, my main OG xbox is probably 1.0 because it had a fan on the GPU, and the one that I messed up was my other xbox, the 1.6 because besides the alladin chip it required soldering extra wires and this is where I f-ed up.