Trying to upgrade via Rocky5 Disc - ancient upgrade

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Tengugurl

Post by Tengugurl »

Post by Tengugurl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:27 am

Hi!
I modded my xbox back in 2011 using an old Youtube tutorial that I cant find now.
If I remember right I used something called Krayzie and Hexen to get onto XBMC.

I want to upgrade via Rocky5 so I downloaded the latest build and burned an image popped it in the disc drive and I was greeted with a lot less options than the youtube link I was watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zdg9-y ... rMario2011

All I see is "Upgrade old Softmod"

So I click it and it puts files into my E drive called Prep.
Nice!

Figured, hmm.. something is off.
So I read here: https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/c ... tras_disc/
That I can use the Installer Variants/Quick Upgrade.zip archive and put that into my E drive per the install file.
Nice... so far so good

Did that,
Booted into the default.xbe -> click it to run....
Goes to Unleash X and my led goes red no activity

Decided to go to the Prep folder that the disc put into my e drive, run that default.xbe file
.... back to unleash X
Same thing red light and no activity.

Is there something I am missing?
I recently bought another xbox that I soft modded straight from Rocky5 Tool disc and it worked no issue (Had more options)
Wondering if its the dinosaur prehistoric mod that I did on here that is causing issues?

Just looking to get up to the latest so I can install XBMCEmustation and pop in my new 2tb

Thanks!
TL GAMER

Re: Trying to upgrade via Rocky5 Disc - ancient upgrade

Post by TL GAMER »

Tengugurl wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 pmJust looking to get up to the latest so I can install XBMCEmustation and pop in my new 2tb
I'd be careful about doing that. Upgrading the HHD to a 2TB causes the DVD drive to stop reading any disk from any softmod menu that uses or sees it. Either the drive doesn't even read the disk, it sits reading the disk forever and even locks up the system, or the system will show UNKNOWN in the drive. Also half the things that XBXMC and all that other crap people say works, really doesn't. I'm pretty sure they're editing and splicing video together of the start process in the modding, then showing the options working in a completely different xbox so it just looks like it all came from one source.
Anyone that questions this process on certain forums, has their topic removed and they've been banned so that should tell you something..

I'm just saying be careful is all

Anyway as far as this goes
Tengugurl wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 pm Is there something I am missing?
I recently bought another xbox that I soft modded straight from Rocky5 Tool disc and it worked no issue (Had more options)
Wondering if its the dinosaur prehistoric mod that I did on here that is causing issues?
Is the xbox chipped or soft modded? If it's chipped I can't help you with that, but if it's soft modded Then providing you can get into a dashboard, it can read disks, and or or you can FTP to it, then I can help!
Tengugurl

Re: Trying to upgrade via Rocky5 Disc - ancient upgrade

Post by Tengugurl »

Hi there!
Thanks for the reply :)

Its soft modded.
I can get to UnleashX rather easily and can FTP into it.
Its current dashboard is XMBC.

Wow good to know about the 2tb HDD.
eek!

I am excited to upgrade and get to play XBMC Emustation via Rocky5 if possible.

Looking forward to your reply
Thanks!