Dashboard 0.2 FPS - Corrupt dash or HDD?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
raktim

Dashboard 0.2 FPS - Corrupt dash or HDD?

Post by raktim »

Hi. A couple of years ago I bought a modded Xbox. Yesterday I wanted to backup, FTPed all files to my PC.

After restarting the Xbox and the xbmc Logo comes up, the HDD makes a sound (sounds like it is trying to read and write something) over and over again and I am getting 0.2 FPS.
But when I am FTPing to the Xbox, everything works normal. Or when I have finally managed to get into settings with 0.2 FPS, everything there works normal too.
Back to dashboard -> 0 FPS.

Because I just bought it as it is: I just don't really know where to start ...

The log is showing some errors, e.g. with MyVideos34.db.
Informations that could help:
- The folders /E/XBMC/UserData/Database AND /Q/XBMC/UserData/Database are both empty.
- Pressing both sticks at startup (and Y + white too) -> changed nothing
- Downloaded xbmc 3.5.3, FTPed it to E/Apps. Works fine!!!!!!
- XBMC auto-startup. Don't know if there is another dash installed
- Tested "Program - Emulators". The scanning process takes a moment but works. Started Harvest Moon on N64 as an example, no issues.

I would be very grateful for any help!

xbmc.old.log here: https://pastebin.com/Z33CaRzw

EDIT
- FTPed UnleashX to E/Apps. Loaded from XBMC -> UnleashX works fine
- Video of XBMC: Video: https://youtu.be/v7fw1f_YVcU Warning at 0.30 needed to cough.
Last edited by raktim on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Dashboard 0.2 FPS - Corrupt dash or HDD?

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Is your Xbox connected to the internet? If so try disconnecting it and restarting.

Is it chipped or a softmod?

Anything else attached ie. flash drive, memory card, other controller, DVD Dongle, keyboard or mouse - remove all and try again.

Your FPS reference - I'm not understanding. What skin are you using? Has it been customised with video backgrounds and or lots of artwork etc?
raktim

Post by raktim »

GOT IT!!! (latest update)
Renamed my XBMC Folder, FTPed fresh one, copied my UserData.
So my first thoughts were absolutly right. It was trying to load something it couldn't find. My xbmc was corrupted.

Important note first: FTPed fresh 3.5.3 again to E/Apps, works fine!!!!
So the problem is my xbmc. But what?!
And how to get rid off it...
I'm trying now to rename my XBMC folder and create a fresh one. Lets see what will happen after a restart.

First reply from me:

Thanks for your reply. I know, this all sounds a bit weird.
I filmed the startup and menu for you, maybe that helps a bit.
Anything except original Controller, AC and Video was unplugged (Ethernet too).

I think it is Chipped, will take a look tomorrow. But the screws do look like it was opened.

Bios Checker says: CHIP TYPE -> MODCHIP, BIOS -> 5101 retail

The xbox was working fine three days ago. After backing up all files, it is kinda broken. And yes, I really didn't change anything.

Video: https://youtu.be/v7fw1f_YVcU

Warning: At 0.30 I needed to cough :D

The xbmc startup takes about 2 minutes now. Then take a look in the upper left corner for FPS.
As you can see then, I'm trying to go right within the menu, have to press the button multiple times to match with the 2 frames where it is responding.

In the end you can hear the sound it is making over and over again. But it is doing this only within the xbmc dash...

And as I said before: UnleashX works fine, all menus and games are fine too. Only xbmc is having a problem.

PS: Hope you can understand everything, I'm not a native speaker.

EDIT:
Summary info: CPU Temp 104°F, GPU Temp 109°F, Memory used: 48%, CPU Usage: 18%. Looks ok

Another funny thing: Looked in my backup files from yesterday. Structure is: E\XBMC\UserData\Database\CDDB but FTPed my xbox sais no CDDB folder in ..\Database\. When I want to create it with Filezilla im getting '450 Internal error creating the directory'

So maybe my UserData are corrupted. Is there something like a refresh or delete it?

GOT IT!!! (latest update)
Renamed my XBMC Folder, FTPed fresh one, copied my UserData.
So my first thoughts were absolutly right. It was trying to load something it couldn't find. My xbmc was corrupted.
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Glad to read it is fixed.

BTW looks like the Confluence skin (possibly Confluence Lite) - never knew it showed fps. I'll have to check that out.