current state of the xbox

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
sixties keith

current state of the xbox

Post by sixties keith »

hi all,after being away for some time im dusting off the xbox's and getting back into them.

now i was wondering where these days we are at with the xbox, obviously there's plenty of emulators and all that still about and its great for music playback but what about actual programs on the xbox?

i understand mostr wont work these days but are there any confirmed still working? i know a few at least worked mainly music ones like soundcloud and mixcloud but what about video plugins? i know there was an adapted youtube search addon and last time i checked bbc iplayer etc was still working but anyone using on a regular basis still could you give me some info?

im also very interested in the plex program as i see its now been worked on quite abit, i created a profile back in the day as a proof of concept just to show there was a possibility of it being done as well prove that it can actually pick up a newly created profile for the xbox and use those settings so im very interested to implement the new changes and give it a full test via different media, skins and modes.

good to see this forum still kicking on

sixties keith

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
Clemtaur

Re: current state of the xbox

Post by Clemtaur »

The weather app stopped working for me as of 16 Jan 2020..
The only video plugin that I got working was the European space agency one, and there has been no new posts since 2018.

I hope to set up samba to share video around the house..
Hargrove

Post by Hargrove »

Are you expecting great things from the plex program?
drizzle

Post by drizzle »

I'm in a similar situation to Keith, recently moved into a new house and found the old Xbox. I'm currently copying a 'new' game over to it via FTP as I type this which will keep me occupied for a bit, but it would be great if somebody could let me know which plugins work in 2020, as none of the ones still on it from 2017/2018 are working.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

i tested a number of confirmed working plugins back from my compatibility testing days and unfortunately most didn't work. i did however see a working iplayer (which was temperamental) and a youtube search program (which wasn't completely functional) there are also a few radio addons still working, the listenlive.eu plugin still on an old xbox years ago worked great.

i also tested the old ffmpeg stuff buzz sent me years ago and it still will convert and play the other videos that would work on my xbox.

Havent got a chance to test the plex stuff yet, its on my to do list but reports from others are indeed positive.

Im hunting out all my old xbox stuff today so i may add a few photos just to show what im at, what ive got etc. after that ill get back to testing a few plugins but unfortunately after not using mainline xbmc (sorry kodi) i haven't a clue what even are the most used addons currently are. the main ones i used years ago are all gone or obsolete.

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.