[SOLVED] Audio stuck on analog

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Dako300

[SOLVED] Audio stuck on analog

Post by Dako300 »

I have a surround sound system (Sony STR-K660P) that is capable of 5.1 Dolby Digital and a lot of other awesome stuff (Pro Logic 1 and 2, DTS, and other things too). The xbox is connected to the surround sound system by means of RCA jacks (red and white). I have "Enable 5.1" enabled on the UnleashX dashboard but whenever I go into the audio output in XBMC4Xbox, I cant change it from analog and cannot enable 5.1. This is frusteration because I have some music I want to listen to it in 5.1.
spinnersp

Re: Audio stuck on analog

Post by spinnersp »

you need to be hooked up with an optical/coaxial cable from the xbox.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

i have a set of 720p wires that inc a digital optical out which i ran to the amp and i must say the sound is great, both dolby digital and dts 5.1 are both converted. i found however my lower quality music needed to be replaces with higher premium bitrate cds and the quality jump was superb.

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
Dako300

Post by Dako300 »

Then I guess I cant. The only input for the surround sound is the red and white RCA jacks. What do you mean by coaxial? IF it is a coaxial then I can only plug it into the TV which doesnt have surround sound. By optical you mean component cables, right. I might want to seach for another surround sound unit (I got this one at a garage sale for $8 dollars with all of the speakers) that can take in Component cables.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

optical != component btw.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_video

and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSLINK

Sony STR-K660P has both optical and coaxial digital input for DTS/AC3 audio. You just need the right cable/adapter from the xbox such as

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBOX-1-ADVANC ... 589d3e6e5f (not component, but svideo/composite plus optical audio)

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Xbo ... 4ab47ed399 (component output for 720p, and optical)

you can also get a RGB scart + optical adapters.

(you should get the cable based on what your tv/screen accepts, plus a toslink/optical cable if needed)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Will this help with better digital audio Image
I have this but I can't tell from digital or analog or components or HDMI??
mwaterbu

Post by mwaterbu »

Unfortunately no. That box only takes in analog stereo audio (red and white cables). You can only get two channels with that. It will convert your audio to digital for output over HDMI, but that will not help. You need your Xbox to output in digital.
Please see the links from Buzz above.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

OK cool I have one but I didn't know it it did convert to digital audio, I guess I'll plugin it in and use this for digital audio, thanks
xman

Post by xman »

Answer is in you PM.
NOTTHESAME

Re: Audio stuck on analog [SOLVED]

Post by NOTTHESAME »

I bought a Xbox cables with optical digital audio sounds awesome :) thanks guys