LCD.xml

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
AwesomeNurd

LCD.xml

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Hi, is there a way I can edit this file so it shows up the name of the Xbox game that I play? The LCD screen shows the xbe title when I launch it but it's just for a few seconds then it goes blank.

Thank you
Dan Dar3

Re: LCD.xml

Post by Dan Dar3 »

It's probably because XBox is single process, once the game XBE takes over, XBMC4XBox is out.
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

I didn't see the reply :D The old versions of XBMC was showing the title on the screen even after starting the game, it's a very old build though, the one I installed from Slayer 2.7
I am not sure if it's possible to implement this again or if there is any change on the xml file...
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

i still play the odd game on the xbox. would be nice to display the name of the game throughout playing. however if this cannot be done anymore is there a way the screen can be shut off during gaming rather than being lit up blank

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

The old version of XBMC that I have shows Playing "game name" just like the new XBMC shows it when you start it, andou wan it keeps showing it.
If you want my edited LCD.xml just let me know, I changed a few things on it, like showing the CPU, GPU, HDD temperature and free ram etc...
And yeah it would be great to be able to shut the screen if the game name can't be showed
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

ah nice man tbh ive never really messed around with the lcd settings but it would be nice to see yours and compre.

also your right now i remember it, it defo used to show the current game playing so thew question is can it be done again? if not can we get it to turn off? i have it set to turn off during videos etc as i find myself looking to the progress bar during films to see how far were along lol

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Here is my LCD.xml
Just back up your original file in UserData just in case

https://mega.co.nz/#!DB0WBDoD!J58yk0Nyb ... xP9Btxm6zg

I hope showing the game name will be implemented again :D I am not a codder or programmer :D We better ask Buzz

Cheers
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Anyone have this? I know this is old, but I just got an xbox with X3CP.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

The problem is xbmc4 xbox resets the lcd upon exiting xbmc I think you need to edit the lcd.cpp remove the reset in the sequence and then build xbmc from source it will stay there until you power the xbox or run another app that controlls the lcd.

I rember doing it at one stage but i thaught buzz fixed this but i may be wrong ?

its here:
http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/ ... ions/32721
Last edited by professor_jonny on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

I figured it out and posted my own edited LCD.xml and posted screenshots here:

http://www.theisozone.com/forum/viewtop ... 33&t=53961