need help transfering???

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
TwistedFaith

need help transfering???

Post by TwistedFaith »

I just DLed xbmc4xbox 3.2.1 and I unzipped it on my computer and I'm trying to transfer it with FTP to my xbox but I keep getting a lot of files that keep failing to transfer. I also transfered the zip to my xbox and tried unzipping it on my xbox and I'm having the same prob. is their something wrong with me, my xbox, the FTP program, xbmc4xbox?? Please help
whufclee

Re: need help transfering???

Post by whufclee »

Without a debug log I'm guessing you've downloaded a source file that hasn't been compiled. B4k3d has been kind enough to compile the builds for us - you'll find a thread on here if you do a simple search.
xman

Post by xman »

FileZella I use on the P.C.. I download and Unzip the folder on the P.C. and them rename the folder called XBMC or Build to "XBMC2" and FTP that folder across to the Xbox to the same folder that has your booting XBMC folder in it. ( You cannot have two folders called the same name in the same location so your new one called XBMC2 will get you around this. If I ever get "Failed To Transfer", it is always one file and that is always the .xbe file. What you can do is open the folder XBMC on the P.C. and open the folder XBMC on the Xbox in filemanager and check the file sizes are the same. If not just delete that file and re FTP just it over. By the way, your not trying to rewriting your XBMC folder on your Xbox while it is running or you will get errors. FTP it across to your XBMC booting location and boot it in filemanager by opening the new XBMC2 folder and hitting the .xbe file to make sure it is running correctly and once you have established it is fine then use another app to re-edit your new XBMC build. Re-editing is changing your original XBMC folder name to XBMCold and the new build, "XBMC2" to just XBMC and then this XBMC will become your booting build.
TwistedFaith

Post by TwistedFaith »

Yea I figured out that I DLed a source file that hasn't been compiled. I re-downloaded a compiled copy. Now the only prob that I'm running into is that some of the files don't want to copy over the right way (their are files that have no extension to them (exe, jpg, py, pyro, ect...) that either want to be a folder or just not copy at all). is their any way for me to correct this.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

which files? you need to give more information.
TwistedFaith

Post by TwistedFaith »

well like some of the read me's (which I don't care about), changelogs, and a few other non-text type files. I'm gonna have to make a list shortly.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

which readme's/changelogs ? I'm still not certain you are yet uploading a correct binary release. Where did you download it from ? (what was the filename ?)
leafstk

Post by leafstk »

I'm having the exact same issue... though I have twice now used Flashfxp instead of filezila.. does it really matter? Guess I'll try that next. Not sure about compiled source files? And like the OP, it's several files and folders that are not successfully transferring for whatever reason.
leafstk

Post by leafstk »

Nope, makes no difference at all... I get upwards of 150 failed transfers about two thirds of the way through and then it just becomes unbearable and I have to abort
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

Try this with FileZilla..

Edit> Settings> Transfers> "Maximum simultaneous transfert" = 1
And:
Edit> Settings> Transfers> File Types> "Default transfer type" = Binary
leafstk

Post by leafstk »

I did that too... gonna try again but with build 3.0 and see if that makes any difference. Otherwise I'm completely baffled why this keeps happening
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

leafstk wrote:Nope, makes no difference at all... I get upwards of 150 failed transfers about two thirds of the way through and then it just becomes unbearable and I have to abort
give me the filenames of some of them. is it always the same files ?
leafstk

Post by leafstk »

Okay, that didn't matter either. The minute a I get a couple failed transfer files it says something about "entering passive mode" and then bam, connectivity issues. "421 too many users". On the other ftp program it'll at least finish the job, but leave all those failed files which renders the process useless.

Any idea what the problem is? And is there another method I can try rather than FTP? Any help would be greatly appreciated
leafstk

Post by leafstk »

ok, I'll see if I can but I believe it's the same 2 before I end up with like 150 lol
leafstk

Post by leafstk »

BuZz wrote:
leafstk wrote:Nope, makes no difference at all... I get upwards of 150 failed transfers about two thirds of the way through and then it just becomes unbearable and I have to abort
give me the filenames of some of them. is it always the same files ?
Tools/ShortcutXBE/DEV-C++/Shortcut.XBE.dev and the readme.txt from the same folder are two of the culprits I can see
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Read post #2

Looks like you're attempting to copy over the source files. These are not for public consumption and you need one of the pre-compiled builds (unless you want to compile it yourself).
leafstk

Post by leafstk »

whufclee wrote:Read post #2

Looks like you're attempting to copy over the source files. These are not for public consumption and you need one of the pre-compiled builds (unless you want to compile it yourself).
Do you know how I go about doing that? I'm pretty lost lol. PM me if that's ok and we can spare everyone lol
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

On the download page there are only source code snapshots. Note the wording
Binary builds are not available from here due to XDK end user licence issues. You can check out the forum for help with making/obtaining a working build.
Snapshots: (Note: You cannot install these source snapshots directly to the XBox)
leafstk

Post by leafstk »

BuZz wrote:On the download page there are only source code snapshots. Note the wording
Binary builds are not available from here due to XDK end user licence issues. You can check out the forum for help with making/obtaining a working build.
Snapshots: (Note: You cannot install these source snapshots directly to the XBox)
Thank you, I now understand what that means :) Found it. So do I combine what I found with the original build file before transferring?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

All the information you need is in http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... f=14&t=146

You should make a clean install, from another dash for example.