Movie Library & DVD Drive

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
WhiteSpy

Movie Library & DVD Drive

Post by WhiteSpy »

I have some movies on dvd disks and tried to add to library, which is OK and works fine (obviously the required disk would need to be in the drive) but I've noticed that the library will not let you scrape for posters/info etc for movies in the dvd drive.

Is it a system reason for this not being possible or could it be possible in future?
whufclee

Re: Movie Library & DVD Drive

Post by whufclee »

Maybe I'm being silly here but why would you want a library of items that are only accessible when inserting the required DVD. Wouldn't it be easier to have your DVDs on display in a cabinet/shelf (old skool style)? :D

The function of the library is to make it easier to organise and display your media and have it available at the click of a button. Unless you have some smart cd changer type device linked up to it that auto inserts the correct DVD I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve. Please enlighten me, I'm intrigued :)
WhiteSpy

Post by WhiteSpy »

Not trying to achieve anything, just curious as to why this seems to be, I thnk it could be useul if you a a dvd with a collection of short films on that you could leave in the drive bay and have linked to the library?

Mostly just curious as to why this is, is it a system problem that prevents it?
Spongy

Post by Spongy »

If you want to do this check out Media Companion. It has support for offline movies.
UserT

Post by UserT »

My first guess would be that the naming conventions used for the movies make it hard to scrap. Unless movies/Tv Shows are named a certain way then your scrapers will have problems.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vi ... s/TV_shows
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vi ... les/Movies
WhiteSpy

Post by WhiteSpy »

XBMC will let you add the file to library but when you select movie info it will not open the options so that you could select your own images, it just says server not available..