Launching games from XBMC4XBOX on a 1.6 Xbox in HD

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
LSDArcade

Launching games from XBMC4XBOX on a 1.6 Xbox in HD

Post by LSDArcade »

I finished checking 666 games on my 2TB HDD Xbox 1.6. My test simply consisted of launching the game and getting through the first few splash screens until the "Press start to Play" came up. Here are my results:

These games will not play on Xbox version 1.6 in HD mode.

Curse: The Eye of Isis - Freezes on load.
Headhunter - Redemption - Freezes on load.
Hello Kitty - Screen is undersized in places.
Jacked - Screen is undersized in places.
Max Payne - Screen is oversized.
Mission Impossible - Freezes on load.
Outlaw Golf - 9 More Holes of X-Mas - Freezes on load.
Pirates of the Carribean - Won't unscramble in HD even when launched from evox.
Secret Weapons Over Normandy - Freezes on load.
Spartan: Total Warrior - Freezes on load.
Tecmo Classic Arcade - Freezes on load.

These games will be scrambled if launched from XBMC4XBOX but will play fine if launched from evox:

Arctic Thunder
Battle Engine Aquila
Commandos 2
Dark Summit
Fable
Galleon
Gun Metal
Gun Valkyrie
Hunter The Reckoning: Redemption
Jet Set Radio Future
Men of Valor
Mission Impossible
MLB Slugfest 20-03
Night Caster
Over the Hedge
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Quantum Redshift
Serious Sam
The Sims 2
Tetris Worlds
Voodoo Vince
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

My quick fix for the 2nd category is to just throw evox in the game directory and edit the ini to put only the game in the selection menu. So when I launch the game from XBMC4XBOX it loads evox and one click from evox loads the game.

That said, I thought I would share this info with everyone and also maybe give something for the developer of XBMC4XBOX to possibly fix. ;)

Again, this is only when playing in high definition with component cables. These games all work fine in standard definition.
Nextelhalo

Re: Launching games from XBMC4XBOX on a 1.6 Xbox in HD

Post by Nextelhalo »

Well done sir and thank you for spending time on this. Kinda crazy MS would release games that didnt work so well with the HD cables.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
LSDArcade

Post by LSDArcade »

Especially when the issue is only on the last version of the Xbox they made. I tested all of the above games on a 1.1 and a 1.4 Xbox with no issues what so ever.
LSDArcade

Post by LSDArcade »

The one fluke game I should have mentioned as well is Kung Fu Chaos. It's screen is garbled on on any HD setting on any Xbox. The only way it will play fine is in 480i. For my softmodded 1.1 that forces HD, I can't fix it. It will play in 480i on my X2 5035 TSOP with component cables.
LSDArcade

Post by LSDArcade »

One other thing I remembered just just now that was unique was with The Sims 2. It would give a dirty disc error when launched from XBMC4XBOX on any version of Xbox but plays fine when launched from evox.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

LSDArcade wrote:The one fluke game I should have mentioned as well is Kung Fu Chaos. It's screen is garbled on on any HD setting on any Xbox. The only way it will play fine is in 480i. For my softmodded 1.1 that forces HD, I can't fix it. It will play in 480i on my X2 5035 TSOP with component cables.
Try change your bios or try running from the original cd some of the games off the net have files missing, i have come across a few that say dirty disk when installed.
of note kung fu kaos works sweet on my 1.6 xbox the kids play it all the time.

The only problem i have is some of the xport emulators that you have to force screenmodes to get hd from the ini files or it gets garbled it was because they were compiled with an older version of the xdk i believe.

Not all games work from hdd properly because of naming convention differences between fatx and the cd filing system.
from memory race driver 2 (v8 super cars 2 australia) is one of them it also had anti mod chip detection features and put a picture of a red and blue flashing dil 10 pin chip in the lower left corner and would not go off the title screen, but this was only with an older bios
asbo

Post by asbo »

LSDArcade wrote:The Sims 2. It would give a dirty disc error when launched from XBMC4XBOX on any version of Xbox but plays fine when launched from evox.
I also had this problem a while back, I found this thread talking about hex editing the executable. However I can't remember whether I tried the hex edit or just launched it with another dash.
LSDArcade

Post by LSDArcade »

Sorry folks. I screwed up in my test. I actually had 480P turned off in the dashboard (720P and 1080i turned on though). All the games in my first section do indeed work just fine with the exception of Pirates of the Carribean. That game comes up garbled whatever dashboard launches it.
As for the second part, it is still valid. Those games will have garbled screens if launched from XBMC but load fine when launched from EvoX.
MrWedders

Post by MrWedders »

Sorry for the bump, but I was playing Voodoo Vince yesterday launching from XBMC 3.2 and it was perfect... I have a third party HD pack and 480p and 720p enabled, with XBMC running at 720p (because my TV is only 720), PAL 1.6 enigmah'd to NTSC. I'm not sure if I'm running a PAL or NTSC copy of the game, but I think the PAL versions still have the HD contents and it was just disabled by the PAL console right? I don't remember straining to see things in the distance which is usually a sign it was in some sort of HD mode!

Off topic: That's the one thing I hate about playing most Xbox1 games now, the lack of HD. I love PGR2 for example, but some of the courses you can't see a corner until you're halfway through crashing in to it.
hal9000

Post by hal9000 »

PAL Voodoo Vince and PAL Fable work fine in 480p but launched from EvoX or Avalaunch, if launched form xbmc or unleashx scrambled screen, if 720p or 1080i scrambled screen with al dashboards.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

LSDArcade wrote:The one fluke game I should have mentioned as well is Kung Fu Chaos. It's screen is garbled on on any HD setting on any Xbox. The only way it will play fine is in 480i. For my softmodded 1.1 that forces HD, I can't fix it. It will play in 480i on my X2 5035 TSOP with component cables.
that game plays fine for me on my xbox my kids play it all the time i have component cables set to 720p as default.

i believe the kernel/memory is patched on the fly for a few things in xbmc this may cause issuies as why xbmc wont play some titles?
I believe this is done to init the lcd for the x3 and smartxx by opening up the lcpbus for traffic.

if you have an lcd try to turn it off from the settings menu and see what happens?.
elgato

Post by elgato »

Hi... i have exacly the same issues when playing games from second list.... especially voodoo vince and commandos.
I'll check all the llist using xbox 1.1 [ i have it]...
But 2 things:

1. dont know how: restatring many times with some god's hand i was able to play voodo vince without scrumbe [ from dvd].. that was only once
2. fable 2 is running 480P fine every time.

normally i'm using xbox 1.6 with monster component cable and duox2 modchip [evoxM8plus bios]... on executor 5235 was the same situation.

best regards
elgato
hal9000

Post by hal9000 »

The problems with scrambled screen in some games using bios 480p patch or nkpatcher 480p, are present in v1.6 xboxes
The v1.0 & v1.4 don't have this problem