HD modes disabled?

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
pythonjosh

HD modes disabled?

Post by pythonjosh »

I'm using the monster component cable on a 55" Sony Bravia LED.
And i can't even move the cursor over the 480p, 720p, 1080i.
What could be restricting this?
whufclee

Re: HD modes disabled?

Post by whufclee »

Now I'm fairly certain you live in the US however it sounds as though your xbox is configured as PAL rather than NTSC. To enable HD you must have the xbox in NTSC mode so just check that's the case by using the enigmah video switch program (it's also available in the HeXEn disc, if you used HeXEn for a softmod then it auto installs the PAL/NTSC switch program in your E drive). If it's in NTSC mode already then I guess it must be cable related, sorry never used the Monster cable so can't be of any help with that, you are using the component outputs right? (red, green & blue).
jokster

Post by jokster »

i used a monster cable (720) for years with no problems after switching my pal box to ntsc with enigma.
pythonjosh

Post by pythonjosh »

You were right Whufclee! Earlier I had used enigmah to switch to PAL to try to play some PAL games I have.
It didn't make a difference so i never changed it back to NTSC. So I did and now I have HD modes again.
I don't know why PAL and HD modes and Sony Bravia don't like each other. But it didn't even work for my games so I'm back to NTSC.
Thanks!