EEPROM Management from XBMC?

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
GoTeamScotch

EEPROM Management from XBMC?

Post by GoTeamScotch »

I was browsing around Xbmc4xbox's source code and came upon this file:
\trunk\xbmc\xbox\XKEEPROM.cpp
This file contains several classes used for reading, writing, and backing up the Xbox's EEPROM. I assume this is used on the system information screen to show the Xbox's serial, hdd pw, and so on.

My question is this: can these classes be used in python scripts or plugins? Would it be a trivial feat or a challenging project? Reason I ask is because I personally always zeroize the unique hdd key (see signature) on any box I come across, hard or soft modded. If it's straight-forward enough I would be willing to write a script that has basic EEPROM management. Plus, I just think it would be handy to have this sort of functionality from within Xbmc as opposed to needing to use another app like configmagic. Has anything like this been done before?

I wouldn't be starting right away into writing a script because I've already got two others in progress, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought so I don't waste my time if it's too difficult for some reason.

While we're on the subject, what about drive locking and bios flashing?
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
Dan Dar3

Re: EEPROM Management from XBMC?

Post by Dan Dar3 »

I don't know how much work is involved in exposing that to Python scripts as I have never looked at that area, but there seems to be a built-in function available already.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/List_o ... _Functions
BackupSystemInfo - Creates bios, eeprom, systeminformation backup to /system/systeminfo/ (Xbox specific)
You can try it with code like this:

Code: Select all

import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin( "XBMC.BackupSystemInfo") )