SpYdEr2314 Slack3r-Packs

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
UserT

SpYdEr2314 Slack3r-Packs

Post by UserT »

There used to be this guy (SpYdEr2314) on demonoid that made these really lean, really functional custom xbmc packs, but he made it very clear that they were exclusive to demonoid. Now that demonoid is gone I have no idea where to find him or his packs. I know he had a 31107 build but I've searched everywhere and can't find it. Anybody know what I'm talking about :?:
skatulskijean

Re: SpYdEr2314 Slack3r-Packs

Post by skatulskijean »

Here my Friend !
This is the website from him i have it not see before but i look why is so nice for you

http://dark3n.webs.com/slack3rpacks.htm

Download links since on the site self

When you will have of a newer custum build
This is from me
jan'sXBmc4xbox build around the exellent last nightly from BuzZ the one and only Developer what we have on this Days
with scripts-scriptmodules-addons and plugins actuall with main xbmc(Eden) adapted from me!
and the exellent confluence light fork from XBS!

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=9&t=72

And when you will me help !

Please give a Vote for Dragon2 on this Site!
http://coinopsproject.freeforums.org/co ... t1197.html

EDIT: I have look on the readme and its shows is nothing changed on the sources self what is ever my hope!
But verry interested is the abillity to access Trainer for any xboxgame what was released!

Have Fun! :D
UserT

Post by UserT »

I tried jansxmbc4xbox last night. I loved it! [removed] plugin was great! Thanks for the spyder link. keep up the great work!

EDIT: I also cast a vote for Dragon2 on the Coinops page.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Thanks!!

I am very interested to see what he make with the idea from his self outside from the main xbmc (way)

Regards jan
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I would be interested in him not breaking the xbmc source license and releasing sources with his binary releases. In the same way, until this happens, I am not overly keen on it it being discussed here, as I'm sure you would understand.
xman

Post by xman »

You know, it really is a shame this guy simply "refuses" to follow the rules where this is concerned. The rules that are absolutely essential by the terms set down in the XBMC license requirements that everyone has to and all do abide by. I found him a very knowledgeable and interesting guy and it all just seems a shame. Maybe one day he will reconsider. We can only hope I guess.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

I write what i mean !
I am verry interested what this man do!

Solve

Regards Jan
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

But guys, he has a "Vision"........................ :roll:
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
UserT

Post by UserT »

BuZz wrote: I am not overly keen on it it being discussed here, as I'm sure you would understand.
I totally understand. I also found out he isn't overly keen on people posting his builds on other sites. So, I guess you could close this thread on behalf of everyone involved if you feel it necessary.

If anyone does want the password for the linked build you can PM myself or kitana since I don't think it would be appropriate to post it for the reasons listed above. (as long as that isn't violating anything)

And I agree with Jan - I think he could do some really neat stuff if he wanted to play a more legitimate part in the community, vision or no vision. I for one hope he shows up around here somewhere.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I also don't want to become some forum overlord, so thread remains open ;-) I just wanted to make my feelings on it known.

It would be such a simple change to adhere to the source licence. If that issue was addressed I would have no problems with the project. It's also something everyone else is expected to do - xbmc.org would not be happy with me if I didn't follow their license and keep the source available.

It's a lot easier when public code respositories are used, and also encourages people to contribute. I find it strange that in xbox land, so few use source control, and even fewer in the public view.
spyder2314

Post by spyder2314 »

Yeah i didn't know about the source code needs to be included... lol. I feel like a douche >>.<< I download what ever is in the SVN and compile it, then package it.

But i am going to be starting up the packs again; my dev studio went offline, so once thats up i can start em up again.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

if you havent modified the source, then you dont need to include it as it is already available here.
UserT

Post by UserT »

spyder2314 wrote:But i am going to be starting up the packs again; my dev studio went offline, so once thats up i can start em up again.
:o

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In a semi-related note trackers for the original slack3r-packs host demonoid are reported as being up and working again as of a few weeks ago.