Category subheadings

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
SteelDirigible98

Category subheadings

Post by SteelDirigible98 »

Just getting into XBMC on my original Xbox with the purpose of making an emulation machine. I have my emulators on and working, and they do show up under The programs heading from the dashboard, but there are subheadings (Apps, Games, Emulators). All my apps including emulators show up under the App subheading. Is there a way I can distinguish these apps as emulators so that they show up in the correct location instead of all apps being in one folder?

And is there a way to rename these apps in the XBMC menu? Many of these emulators have funky names, and I would like to make it as easy as possible for regular folks to use it. I have already removed Weather, pictures, and video tabs completely.

One last thing... There are a couple of original xbox games on the hard drive that I can run through the unleashx dashboard but do not show up anywhere in xbmc. Is this possible? Nothing shows up under the games or emulator tab under programs, and I'm not sure how to designate things for these categories

Thanks
sixties keith

Re: Category subheadings

Post by sixties keith »

The emulators should come up under the emulators tab and not the apps tab, were they installed in the right place?

If your getting black screens on selecting apps, emulators on xbmc then you first need to go in and add the source from the programs tab, once done the emulators shortcut under the program tab on the main menu should work. you can also change the name to whatever you want in the emulators folder by simply going to the one you want to change, press the white button on the controller and select 'edit XBE title'

The original xbox games should come up under the games tab under programs, just like the emulators you need to add the source to this in the programs tab before the shortcut will work

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
SteelDirigible98

Re: Category subheadings

Post by SteelDirigible98 »

Well that was easy. Thanks.

I feel like I had tried adding sources and putting them in the emulator folder, but I must not have done both in the same go. Wasn't really sure where the folders had come from. No idea about the white button though, that sure seems like it'll be handy. To be fair, this was my first day softmodding an xbox. I've come quite a long way quickly.