750 Gig Xbox

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
arzy

750 Gig Xbox

Post by arzy »

Hi All

I have an XBOX that now has a 750 gig drive (Seagate 750 gig IDE). My question is now what?

I have installed
200 XBOX games (ISO's)
Vision 5
Coin Ops 7 Massive

I have 280 gig left?

What add on's / programs / emulators do you recommend do get the most of these impressive consoles?

Thanks
fxmech

Re: 750 Gig Xbox

Post by fxmech »

You are booting these ISOs? I usually extract them.
poppiseed

Post by poppiseed »

What is the difference between booting and/or extracting may I ask?

Sent from my Trio Stealth G5 10 using Tapatalk
:twisted: GOD MADE ME JUST TO PISS YOU OFF :twisted:
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Well, typically people extract the ISO files for use on the HDD. It also allows for patching and manipulation of the game files, popular in a few games like Gta.

Do all 200 of the games work? I'm just wondering, because launching games via ISO isn't usually the way most people do things...
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

fxmech wrote:Well, typically people extract the ISO files for use on the HDD. It also allows for patching and manipulation of the game files, popular in a few games like Gta.

Do all 200 of the games work? I'm just wondering, because launching games via ISO isn't usually the way most people do things...
All games will work, as as far as the games concerned there booting from the disc drive, so they don't need to be patched in anyway.
(It's the only full proof way of getting games booting like the original, so long file name games work like they should)

It's also only supported on the latest softmods & some bios that can be patched on boot with a custom NKPatcher that adds support for ISO booting.

Also if you are using DVD2Xbox to rip to ISO, the ISO will only be the size of the files, so it won't be the size of a dual layer disc 8.5GB.
(Or if you download ISO's they are already the ripped size, unless there true rips. Any ISO over 4GB must be cut into to parts due to Fat32/X 4GB file size limitation, DVD2Xbox does this.)

You can still get all your thumbs for games, as they're ripped to a folder labelled the same name as the xbe, if using DVD2Xbox that is.

To me it's a cleaner way of doing it, only issues is you need to unmount the ISO or the Xbox thinks there's a disc (there is well an ISO) in the drive. It's also been that long since I used ISO's I cannot remember if loading a new one will overwrite the content of D, or you have to unmount first.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
arzy

Post by arzy »

Playing games from ISO works great, I used Rocky 5 2016 Softmod. I also have a modded xbox with a Aladin XT 49LF020A chip which cant play ISO direct off the HDD, has Evox X as the dashboard.

Should i just Softmod this Xbox? Are there any benefits running a hard mod with this chip?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

arzy wrote:Playing games from ISO works great, I used Rocky 5 2016 Softmod. I also have a modded xbox with a Aladin XT 49LF020A chip which cant play ISO direct off the HDD, has Evox X as the dashboard.

Should i just Softmod this Xbox? Are there any benefits running a hard mod with this chip?
Depending on the bios used you maybe able to use the patcher I was talking about in my previous post to add ISO loading support.

If you can let me know what bios you are running I can let you know.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
arzy

Post by arzy »

I used Slayer 2.7 to find bios but it comes up unknown? is there an easy way to identify the Bios?