Adding a video source folder from drive!

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
Pr4dinja

Adding a video source folder from drive!

Post by Pr4dinja »

I want to add lots of vids to video source from partition drive, will this take up Physical space in Video option or does it stream from the file manager without affecting memory in xbmc? I don't want to loose hard drive space unnecessary I hope it only streams.
bigkidoz

Re: Adding a video source folder from drive!

Post by bigkidoz »

Not quite sure what you mean but you can can multiple sources for the same heading,
ie video > movies> F/movies
F/ movies2
F/ movies3

etc and they can be in different drive partitions and split over F and G if required.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Pr4dinja

Post by Pr4dinja »

Thanks for the reply, What I want to know is eg. If my xbox harddrive is 100kbs and in the G drive a video file is 50kb's and I added that source to E Videos in xbmc will it deduct a extra 50kb's ?using up all 100kbs ?or !will it just stream or scrape from G in file Manager E hence only using the 50kbs in G and not actually taking up 50kbs of physical space in E. hope this wasn't to confusing lol I don't know much tech words to make it simpler :)
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

No it doesn't use up any extra space, it simply tells xbmc to look in the g drive for your videos. When you scan to library it will download all the artwork and plot summary which will use a little extra space but not a lot.
SPPV

Post by SPPV »

The only space it will take is a line in the sources XML so like 1byte
Pr4dinja

Post by Pr4dinja »

Hey thank you all! RESPECT! : ) what a relief.
Pr4dinja

Post by Pr4dinja »

One more thing I downloaded some vids from utube in navi x but no thumbs it looks boring without it