Nighty updates

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
grupy

Nighty updates

Post by grupy »

Ive read recently there is a lighter version of Confluence that is working and wanted to test it out.

Im using an older XBMC build with Confluence and noticed that my Library is a bit slower than before (its over 400+ movies) but wanted to test out a nightly build.

Wondering where do I go in terms of getting it and installing it. Also would the installation of a nightly build wreck my current library. If there is a guide, can someone pls redirect me to it.

Thanks again!
xbs

Re: Nighty updates

Post by xbs »

Install the nightly on a diferent folder e.g. "XBMC_nightly" next to your current XBMC and copy the userdata folder from your current XBMC to XBMC_Nighlty.
Goto to filemanager and start XBMC_Nightly if everything works OK you don't need to rescan.
Boot an alternative dash and rename the folders (most important if your Xbox boot directly to XBMC).

If it doesn't work or has some wierd stuff delete the libraries and scan again.
Rescanning can be done much faster if the library is exported (I use the separate files option that puts the thumbnail, fanart image and nfo file on the video folder) and imported back to the "new" XBMC.

Hope it helps.
Skins: SLik JX720 MS_Redux Mosaic
Utils: HeXEn
github.com/xbs08/