SMB password issues on xbox

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
murphio

SMB password issues on xbox

Post by murphio »

Hi guys - I am a user of XBMC on Apple TV and PC but to be honest I still love my old xbox. One serious limitation I have noticed between xbmcforxbox and the Eden build though is with SMB sharing and passwords. On Eden, you can set a password with each folder. On xbmcforxbox though you are still only able to add a default SMB sharing user and password in network settings - this is limited use really if you are streaming from more than one location on your home network - when the box is rebooted you have to manually enter the user/password for every location that isnt the default. Any thoughts on a solution or future solution?
Cheers
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: SMB password issues on xbox

Post by BuZz »

murphio wrote:Hi guys - I am a user of XBMC on Apple TV and PC but to be honest I still love my old xbox. One serious limitation I have noticed between xbmcforxbox and the Eden build though is with SMB sharing and passwords. On Eden, you can set a password with each folder. On xbmcforxbox though you are still only able to add a default SMB sharing user and password in network settings - this is limited use really if you are streaming from more than one location on your home network - when the box is rebooted you have to manually enter the user/password for every location that isnt the default. Any thoughts on a solution or future solution?
Cheers
it is already implemented for the next release in the same way as xbmc for linux etc :)
murphio

Post by murphio »

Good stuff Buzz thanks.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

you can try out the nightly builds to test btw. but note that the old pm3 skin does not work right currently, but you can try the new confluence lite which looks great.