Newb question(s).

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
ducktherope

Newb question(s).

Post by ducktherope »

I found this forum\site after looking in how to modify my Xbox 360 to improve its movie playing ability. Unfortunately I confess I have not found a clear message on here whether the builds being provided are to modify the 360 or only the original Xbox. This is particulary hard to admit as I am normally pretty stellar at the interwebz and I am quite technical (dev). Can anyone please shine some light on where I should be looking?

Thanks!
spicemuseum

Re: Newb question(s).

Post by spicemuseum »

ducktherope wrote:I found this forum\site after looking in how to modify my Xbox 360 to improve its movie playing ability.
Look elsewhere - XBMC4X80X is for original X80X.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

+1 for that, there may well be some users on here willing to help you out but you won't find any useful info on getting XBMC to work on the 360. If you do find any videos or forums telling you XBMC will work on the 360 they are most likely bogus or referring to running it through an emulator - unless something has drastically changed that I've missed out on in the past few months you're unlikely to ever see it happen I'm afraid. Sorry I don't own a 360 so can't help with any media playback improvements - best of luck though.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

ducktherope wrote:I found this forum\site after looking in how to modify my Xbox 360 to improve its movie playing ability. Unfortunately I confess I have not found a clear message on here whether the builds being provided are to modify the 360 or only the original Xbox. This is particulary hard to admit as I am normally pretty stellar at the interwebz and I am quite technical (dev). Can anyone please shine some light on where I should be looking?

Thanks!
Maybe the current 360 modding capital of the internet...Team Xecuter?