Xvid or X264

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
shady7

Xvid or X264

Post by shady7 »

Hi there Have just started converting the kids dvd's and a couple of mine. Have had mixed results I tried using Handbrake and used settings from dan dare keep aspect ratio 640x*** aac audio and 1024kb bit rate 2 pass encoding. I have also used Auto Gk and Freemake Video Converter. I have a 1 tb xbox and would like a descent movie picture anywhere between 1 and 1.5gb. I am just wondering what other people are using and what settings to get a good quality picture and audio Thanks in advance
SquirlKiller

Re: Xvid or X264

Post by SquirlKiller »

Xvid, Judging by comments, x264 is problematic for xbox at around 2mbps (it apparently stutters/hickups). I personally don't compress DVDs, I just copy decrypt them with DVDDecrypter and mux the MT2S and AC3 stream in a MKV file to have the maximum quality for upscaling. Even though its 4-7 gbs for a movie, its good for a videophile like me
xbs

Post by xbs »

Take a look here
Skins: SLik JX720 MS_Redux Mosaic
Utils: HeXEn
github.com/xbs08/
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I dump complete isos of my dvds with protection. I stick my dvd in my linux server. run lsdvd, to list the contents and load the libdvdcss code so the disk is fully readable. then just dump the whole thing to a file. big old images for some films of course (up to 9gb), but its a useful backup, and gives me lots of images to test dvdplayer code on
xman

Post by xman »

I have a Sony double DIN radio/media player down the farm and I need to convert videos for it.

It will play mpeg4 or XVID/DIVX only but the mpegs files must be converted to the suitable format to play.

I use "Any Video Converter" to convert any type of video file to 800 X 420 mpeg files and surprisingly, this format works perfectly on the Xbox.
Amigaz

Post by Amigaz »

Putting big ISO files over 4gb on the Xbox HDD can be a problem due to the Xbox file size limitation due to it's file system
Xbox Crystal 1.6 chipped
Xbox Crystal Green 1.2 TSOP
Xbox 1.6 softmod