Movie - Parental Controls

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
9belowzero

Movie - Parental Controls

Post by 9belowzero »

Hi, I have two SMB shares on a server at home that I put my movies in (One for kids stuff and the other for 15/18 movies).

Obviously i want to lock down the 15/18 stuff so my kids can't play them so was wondering if there are any plug-ins for XBMC4XBOX ?

Thanks in advance...
whufclee

Re: Movie - Parental Controls

Post by whufclee »

Unfortunately not, it would be a nice addition though so maybe worth requesting on trac?

The workaround I have is to have 2 profiles set up when you switch the xbox on. One for kids and the other one for adults (which needs a password). All you need to do is just scan in the kids folder on the kids profile and scan in everything on the adult one. You'll find profile settings somewhere in the settings menu - it varies from skin to skin. It also means you can have a very simple skin setup for the kids and more of an eye candy one for yourself.
9belowzero

Post by 9belowzero »

Thanks for that, I'll take a look to see if it is an option in the MC360V2 skin ....
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

The option will be there somewhere it's not skin specific - it's just that some skins put the profile settings in different hard to find places! If you can't find it in that skin briefly switch to PMIII and setup profiles in that and then switch back again.
9belowzero

Post by 9belowzero »

Found it thanks, that will do the trick, also stop them messing with the system settings too ;-)
Addybill

Teen Internet Safety

Post by Addybill »

Thanks for sharing these post as i got the answer of my question as i have the same problem and i want to hide it from my sister son's.Teen Internet Safety