MN-740 Wireless Adapter

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
BostonB36

MN-740 Wireless Adapter

Post by BostonB36 »

I have been using my Xbox with XBMC for years through a wired connection. I just recently purchased a MN-740 Wireless Adapter.
Are these even compatible with XBMC? I booted into the stock Xbox Dash and loaded the install disk. It found my Sprint Mobile hotspot and connected. But with no Wifi finder built into XBMC how in the heck would you connect to it?
Heimdall

Re: MN-740 Wireless Adapter

Post by Heimdall »

You don't have to connect to it from XBMC. Once you have set it up with your MS Dash it should work whatever application your Xbox is running.
BostonB36

Post by BostonB36 »

Even after restarting the console? or is there a way to go from the Xbox dash back into XBMC..
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

Even after turning the console off and putting it in a cupboard and the MN-740 in your garage and not touching it for 6 months! Once the MN-740 has been configured to connect to your wireless LAN it retains that configuration.
BostonB36

Post by BostonB36 »

lol. Ok thanks
rovaals

Post by rovaals »

You can actually flash them with the un-MS dlink firmware (they're made by Dlink) which removes the console tie-in support and gives them a web-based interface instead. When you do that you can either use linksbox or a computer to configure it.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

rovaals wrote:You can actually flash them with the un-MS dlink firmware (they're made by Dlink) which removes the console tie-in support and gives them a web-based interface instead. When you do that you can either use linksbox or a computer to configure it.
You have to be very careful with which version of the MS-740 you have when doing this. If it has a certain firmware (1.0.2.26, cant be downgraded to the required 1.0.2.22). I bricked mine doing this because I had too new of a firmware on the adapter.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Have you opened it up and looked for a jtag port to revive it?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Want a simple & easy to configure wireless AP repeater.
http://bit.ly/1mjSaPt

I have one built into my Xbox, but you could power it by connecting it to controller port 4 since it runs off 5v.

Here is my Slim.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
2 Bunny

D LINK Reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

I used one of those things for a while. I can't remember exactly what I had to do, but I do remember that I mainly just installed a special firmware on it that basically turned it back into the DLink unit that it really is at heart (post 7 of this thead seems familiar, but I can't say for sure if that was the exact instructions I followed). This allows it to be configured through the web interface (in addition to the Xbox dashboard settings) and easily used for any application, Xbox or otherwise. I can look through my computer and see if I still have the files if you want.
Converseallstar95

Post by Converseallstar95 »

Hi, I realize this is an old topic but I've scavenged the internet with no luck. I just bought an MN-740 on eBay for cheap, with the intention to flash the thing to get WPA to work, yet when I run the tool I have software version 1.0.2.26 (newer than the patch). Any ideas?