Enable keyboard to be able to use onscreen keyboard?

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
nayparm

Enable keyboard to be able to use onscreen keyboard?

Post by nayparm »

The subject sounds an odd request but...

I have a Tendraw USB Infrared remote that allows remote power on of the xbox :) which is a bonus. The other bonus is it works on the xbox usb 1.1.

It acts as a usb keyboard and I can reprogram any key to do anything a normal keyboard does (most keys are already fine for xbmc4xbox)

The remote works perfectly for all functions except the onscreen keyboard entry boxes because when on these in xbmc4xbox keyboard mode it expects you to type on a qwerty keyboard but the remote doesn't have one (it does if using a pc with software ime, i.e press 1 a few times cycles through 1abc)

Basically I'm wanting, while xbmc4xbox is in keyboard mode, i.e using a keyboard, to be able to use the keyboards cursor keys and enter key for selecting the onscreen keys, to mimic as when using a normal xbox remote.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers
nayparm

Re: Enable keyboard to be able to use onscreen keyboard?

Post by nayparm »

To answer my own question you must add <navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard> to advancedsettings.xml

Eg:

Code: Select all

<advancedsettings>
<navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard>
</advancedsettings>
If you have other settings in there make this one the first setting.
I had it as the 2nd or 3rd initially and it didn't work.
dmgn5maxt

Post by dmgn5maxt »

There are several different types of PC keyboards. The most common type is an external physical keyboard that connects to your PC. However, Windows has a built-in access facility called OSK (On-Screen Keyboard) that can be used instead of a physical keyboard to move around the screen of a PC or enter text. You do not need a touch screen to use the OSK. It displays a visual keyboard with all the standard keys, so you can use the mouse or other pointing device to select keys or use a single physical key or group of keys to scroll through the keys on the screen.
tmam1jan3

Post by tmam1jan3 »

If you're using either hovering mode or scanning mode and accidently minimize the OSK, you can restore it by pointing to it in the taskbar (for hovering mode) or by pressing the scan key (for scanning mode).