People need to stop lying

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
tx3000

People need to stop lying

Post by tx3000 »

it's ridiculous how all anyone does is show the supposed features in these xbox dashboards and skins, but no one ever explains how any of those features get used and how to set them up top get them working either

I'm really tired of seeing people make false claims such as running Pandora and other such internet aspects through any of these dashboards, but yet there isn't a single thing anywhere that explains how that is possible. There is no manual, txt, pdf, or youtube video or anything that has any instructions to anything.

It's very simple, if you cannot show the step by step process on how you get these mysterious functions working, then stop posting it and showing it because you're lying.

Of course people will reply to this saying stupid ass things like "I have it working just fine" No you don't. I can say I have a mansion and 1 million dollars cash in a save I have in a hidden room, that doesn't make it fact just on my say so.

Something isn't good when nothing is explained about it.
JohnsModz

Re: People need to stop lying

Post by JohnsModz »

Soo.. i keep seeing you say in different places that if there isn't a "proper" tutorial, then it isn't possible. I am just confused, and am hoping you can explain that with a tutorial? Thank you.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

tx3000 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:34 am it's ridiculous how all anyone does is show the supposed features in these xbox dashboards and skins, but no one ever explains how any of those features get used and how to set them up top get them working either

I'm really tired of seeing people make false claims such as running Pandora and other such internet aspects through any of these dashboards, but yet there isn't a single thing anywhere that explains how that is possible. There is no manual, txt, pdf, or youtube video or anything that has any instructions to anything.

It's very simple, if you cannot show the step by step process on how you get these mysterious functions working, then stop posting it and showing it because you're lying.

Of course people will reply to this saying stupid ass things like "I have it working just fine" No you don't. I can say I have a mansion and 1 million dollars cash in a save I have in a hidden room, that doesn't make it fact just on my say so.

Something isn't good when nothing is explained about it.
It is also rediculious pouting and ranting on forum about tutiorials that are aparantly no good but provide us no links to said tutiorials or provide us with proper info to be able to help you with your questions.

If you cant figure it out pouting, ranting and complaining aint going to get you any where but banned or ignored, I have an analitical mind and these things often make sense or I sort them out through trial and error that is the fun for me figuring out how to do it and be proud I figured it out,
I even try to tell my wife look what i did that is the enjoyment we all get from modding.

After figuring this stuff out you can create a tutiotial your self and maybe help others, of note this stuff is provided free with out warranty look and read the diaclamers that is provided with the readme's.

Maybe find a different hobby that is better suited to your cababilites or ask polite questions on the forums and someone might be willing to help you sort your problems out, we are not the most active forums as you may notice it may be best to ask in othe places such as the
xboxscene discord or the OGXbox forum)

You might be best of getting a pro modder to set you up a xbox console there are many selling them on the ogxbox group on facebook it might save all the headaches and fustration, I suspect if your attitude is as bad as it is here you have already been banned and that is no longer an option.

What about your mate who is making a video tutiorial as stated in your previous post ask him how he figured it out or is he lying to you also?
tx3000

Post by tx3000 »

whatever anyone's reply is, unless it contains the step by step setup on how to get things working, then you're just a total waste of time for me.

As it stands now, XBMC4XBOX cannot connect to the net, there isn't a single manual, guide or tutorial anyone wants to bother with, and yet all people do is make fake videos acting like they connected to the net with it.
It's funny how I had no problems connecting XBMC4GAMERS to the net and it still is connected, yet XBMC4XBOX cannot which is pretty idiotic considering XBMC4GAMERS is created from XBMC4XBOX.

When scanning for movie info from imdb, the XBMC4GAMERS error message always has SERVER may not be available right now.
How is it possible to have the server not available when IMDB is permanently on?
professor_jonny

What are you trying to do ?
What features can't you get working?
What are you having an issue with?
What net functions do you require?
Do you have a valid IP address?
Where here are the links to the videos that you talk about are they xbmc4xbox or kodi specific?
Is the news scroll down the bottom of the homepage?
Have you read the wiki about the scripts and plugins?
Do you understand the file system based network plugins and how they work?
Whar repository are you trying to use ?
Are you using a third party repository on an official one?

We need more info to be able to help all you have said things don't work, what does not work? Your post is bordering on trolling and trying to evoke an argument look at the title of your forum post how is that constructive or informative for us to be able to help you?

As for IMDB they don't like people scraping their website they actively alter the site to avoid this, they have a subscription service that they want you to use.
because of this the scripts get broken and don't work from time to time even in mainstream kod, it is why it is not a preferred or default scraper even on kodi.

The Xbox python engine and stuff that run the media scraping, scripts and file system plugins differ to mainstream kodi as the Xbox is not powerful enough to update to newer versions.

Because of this many mainstream Kodi plugins won't work without modification.
With the constant cat and mouse situation with IMDB and the lack of plugin maintainers they are often broken and that is unlikely change.

In all honesty there are more powerful cheaper efficient devices for playing videos with Kodi running on them.

The Xbox is really better suited to playing Xbox games an retro emulation than streaming.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

This guy has the same obnoxious writing style as a couple other new accounts that have recently popped up which bash Rocky's work specifically. It's either the same guy, or a very small group that are all talking to each other feeding off each other's negativity and arrogant ignorance. Even when you help, you're met with hostility. I've seen it on a couple Xbox subreddits and here. And it's very recent, starting like a month (or two?) ago. The conversations always start the same and go down the same way. Maybe we can get Buzz in here to check IPs because this is starting to get ridiculous.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
professor_jonny

They will get bored at some stage, going down the IP address route is almost allways fruitless in this day and age.
Proxy servers and VPN's are common place these days, many free ones that harvest your data so that school kids can bypass IT policies.

All we can do is try to provide help and educate them on forum etiquette.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

professor_jonny wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:22 am All we can do is try to provide help and educate them on forum etiquette.
I've tried being polite explaining things and recording videos that prove certain instructions do actually work, but it's always met with hostility and total disrespect. If this dude really has been around since 2007, then he's a lost cause at this point. I don't even put up with this level of childish behavior doing tech support at my actual job. If you don't want to put on your big boy pants and act like an adult, then you don't get to sit at the adults table and get their help. Simple as that.

And if you can do something better than the author, then go do it! XBMC4Gamers is literally a branch version of XBMC. Rocky saw how it worked and wanted to make it better, so he did. Rocky didn't go around blasting XBMC's authors for being incompetent. He put in the effort and actually made it better.

This dude needs to shut up and just make his own branch like Rocky did. If you can do it better, go nuts! That's what open source is all about. No need to be a dick about all this free software and support you're getting.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
tx3000

Post by tx3000 »

It's funny how every reply so far, is from someone I have on my ignore list because they were either trolling, and or trying to purposely provoke me into some form argument.

I won't lie, I am tempted to read the replies, but that would totally defeat the entire reason I have these people on ignore to begin with. So I won't even bother.