Tsop flashing

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
chunk1982

Tsop flashing

Post by chunk1982 »

Well on my 1.4 xbox I bridged the 2 solder points to allow write access and I flashed M8plus bios, yaaay for me lol.
I edited the bios using Evtool 1.0.9, I changed the boot paths so xbmc boots primarily then as a backup iv got unleashx as 2nd boot. Then I removed the flubber animation, the TM logo and the evox logo and changed the colours of the X.
What else can I now do with a custom bios?

All the best

Paul
asbo

Re: Tsop flashing

Post by asbo »

Personally I untick all the "Toggles" that way you get nothing before it boots into XBMC(or whatever dash you want). You can also take the DVD drive out, I did since its never used and makes an annoying noise on start up.
I think you can change the hard drive options to make it easier to install larger ones, I only have an 80GB in mine so I have no experience.
If you get a VGA BIOS you can connect your xbox via VGA as I have, this is fairly simple with a Sync On Green(SOG) monitor. It can be done with some non SOG monitors too, but it gets complicated, if it works at all.

That's all I can think of :)
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

I like the X screen lol just couldn't stand that stupid flubber crap.
To remove the dvd drive do I just un tick dvd drive check? I assume that's what that option is for? One thing though if I untick the dvd drive check but left the drive in would it still boot from a disc? Again I'm assuming the check is only to make sure the drive is "physically" there to allow booting?

Sorry for the dumb ass questions

All the best

Paul
asbo

Post by asbo »

chunk1982 wrote: To remove the dvd drive do I just un tick dvd drive check? I assume that's what that option is for? One thing though if I untick the dvd drive check but left the drive in would it still boot from a disc? Again I'm assuming the check is only to make sure the drive is "physically" there to allow booting?
yes to all your questions :)
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

Many thanks

Paul