Thanks For XBMC4XBOX

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
Caboose

Thanks For XBMC4XBOX

Post by Caboose »

Hi Team,

I've used XBMC on my xbox for years, and I've recently just upgraded to a HDTV so I thought I might have been retiring the old xbox (6 years service and counting :D) but to be honest at standard pal resolution with a decent upscaler and soften set to 1 or 2, it still looks fab! So I shall not be retiring her any time soon (since it's so convenient having 2 remotes and a box that is *just* a media center)

I came onto the site today to check if there was a new build out, since I've been using 3.2 since it was released and there was a few things that didn't work quite right (the audio player would lag out on menu sometimes and seeking in some xvid videos caused it to restart)

[Edit: these tiny problems weren't present in v3 or 3.1 iyww]

I shall be testing the new build though, thanks for the stellar effort =D
EFORCE

Re: Thanks For XBMC4XBOX

Post by EFORCE »

I would recommend buying an xbox component cable so you can do 720P. Makes a big difference ;-)
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Are they relatively easy to find? :)

I'm in the PAL region.
x
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

EFORCE wrote:I would recommend buying an xbox component cable so you can do 720P. Makes a big difference ;-)

Indeed! think you like it now... wait till you see it in 720p on your new HD TV! its a different world! :D
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Awesome =D

I didn't know the xbox could do anything above standard PAL resolution, I'm definitely glad I stopped by.

Ordered me a cable, but I fear I may have opened Pandora's Box though, since I had forgotten my ebay login details so may end up buying more things on there! :>

Thanks peeps.

I've tried XBMC on an ubuntu box, a windows box and an android tab, but it just doesn't feel the same as on the xbox.

Got the latest (3.3-beta2) installed, and have just finished putting me configs back in. Looks to be working absolutely fine, and I haven't noticed any problems besides two. Had to change the theme back to confluence (coz I don't like change, so not a bug ;P )

The only real problem i've noticed so far is on the Audio visualization, "Audio Properties" window, '(Title' on the remote) the text for Milkdrop (Locked) * fps: 26.81 is out of its little box.

Edit:

Here's a screencap.

x
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

which skin ? if you are using the old confluence, then it probably needs fixing but then it's sort of a deprecated skin now (and no-one is working on it)
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

Caboose wrote:I've tried XBMC on an ubuntu box, a windows box and an android tab, but it just doesn't feel the same as on the xbox.
XBMC and XBMC4Xbox share the same roots but are now 2 totally different software. Cant compare them really.
Others have a complete OS running in the background, we don't.
Caboose wrote:Had to change the theme back to confluence (coz I don't like change, so not a bug ;P )
You should get use to the new Confluence Lite as its not interesting to maintain old skins for us. I cant guarantee you will get the same support if your using this skin.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Yeah, I totally get it. Just tested on Cornfluence Lite, and it's fine.

Guess I'll just have to get over it and get used to a new skin ;)

Just love XBMC4XBOX because Auto shutdown works and two remotes is handy, and no feeling like ALT+Tabbing to check something else. It just feels so tightly knit on the xbox.

Oh, and one thing I will tip my hat of in gratitude for, the new web interface!

However, I've noticed one thing with the web interface (with audio?), if I have a folder named after a file-type (on a samba share?), for example /mp3 it won't open the directory and playback stops. I can launch things in those folders fine from the dashboard but I can access /Annie Lennox (for example) with no problem.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

you can open a ticket about that (with debug log). however, I didn't make the current web interface however, so a fix might not come quickly.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Righty... finally got 720p working. :)

XBMC-3.3-beta2
Firstly my xbox wasn't set in NTSC, so I had to use a utility to set it into NTSC, tried changing the options from the dashboard (UnleashX) to enable 720p, no joy.

Found several forum posts saying "You need to use the original ms dash to change the settings", and my original dash has always caused error 21, so couldn't launch it.

Tried to update my mod with installed tools, bricked the softmod, had to restore with fresh xbox c and new softmod.

Original ms dashboard would now launch, so I enabled 720p, rebooted, 720p worked in UnleashX, launched xbmc, kept defaulting to 480i, tried 1080p and 480p but they wouldn't stick either.

Tried launching XBMC-3.2, runs in 720p just fine, so i'll downgrade for now.

Not sure why 720p wasn't sticking in the new beta, it's a v1.4 xbox made in '03 running Kernel 1.00.5530.01
and Dashboard 1.00.5960.01 in the pal region.

But you're right, I do love it at that resolution, even if it did cost me 3 hours of me life :D
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Nothing has changed really regarding that stuff in 3.3 from 3.2 so I'm unsure why.

regarding softmod, did you check this

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/mediawiki/i ... edirect=no

some important stuff especially when you have a shadow C etc.
xman

Post by xman »

You may have had the old build of XBMC set as your default when you locked in your settings therefore saving the settings to the old build and not the new one?.