Xecuter

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
mrch1ppy

Xecuter

Post by mrch1ppy »

Hi ya all sorry but a real noob question here

I have an old xbox with a early version Xecuter mod chip. How do I go about putting xbmc on it I have read alot on here but I cant work out if it is different for a modded console. Also I have a crystal console that is non modded is this harder to do?

Thanks
Heimdall

Re: Xecuter

Post by Heimdall »

You can install XBMC on any modded console as an application. Just FTP it to E:\APPS\XBMC, and run it from your dashboard. Installing it as your dash is a little more tricky with really old chips, but can still be done.

Your phrasing seems to imply that you believe that you can install XBMC on an unmodded Xbox. This is incorrect - you have to mod the crystal Xbox before you can install XBMC. Softmod is by far the easiest way, and as you already have a modded Xbox it's easy to do. You need a memory card, a copy of Splinter Cell (the original game, not the sequels), and a gamesave softmod installer. Krayzie NDURE 1.1.1 is the most noob-friendly softmod installer.
mrch1ppy

Post by mrch1ppy »

Thanks for the reply

So to ftp it would this need to be done just once or everytime you want xbmc

Thanks again
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

Entirely up to you. You could FTP it every time, or you could do what most people would do and FTP it once then use it repeatedly ..... ;)