Help offer

Post ideas or dicuss development of the Blog / Forum / Bugtracker etc
Stayupthetree

Help offer

Post by Stayupthetree »

Hey I have a DreamHost account that I've had for the better part of 5 years, unlimited storage and data, can make pretty much whatever domains I want. If I can be of assistance let me know. DreamHost will have to go out of business for me not to have an account there so definitely not going anywhere.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Help offer

Post by BuZz »

I appreciate the offer. In terms of hosting we are ok at the moment (this site is living here - http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/ExoticA:Hosting), but of course feel free to host builds or whatever :)
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

I've created a script to display original games details... I think it would be nice if you could get a hosting place for the xml files and the images that goes with each game; in this manner, I can then query the hosting site for the info and downloaded to the xbox...

The only drawback (for me, anyway) is that xbmc does not properly fetches the game's real ID; the ability does exist since it needs this information when dealing with game saves. I've checked xbmc's database's "myprograms6" for the game "Battelfield 2: Modern Combat" and the "titleID' shows 1161887842 whilst using the PC's software CXBX v0.7.8c shows the "Title ID" as 45410062 (minus the prefix 0x).

For me, it would be ideal to get the title's id and check the hosting website for a zip file of the same titleID, then search it, download it, save it, unzip it and display it!

Just a thought... there're other ways of course, this would just be ideal. ;)
Stayupthetree

Post by Stayupthetree »

BuZz wrote:I appreciate the offer. In terms of hosting we are ok at the moment (this site is living here - http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/ExoticA:Hosting), but of course feel free to host builds or whatever :)
Any requirements/specifications for hosting builds?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

if you want to host builds, carry on. Just be aware of the x d k etc - I'm sure they don't actually care anymore about such old stuff, but.
tuborg

Post by tuborg »

Dom,

The titleID in xbmc's database is stored as a decimal number, where as in the software you mention it is stored as a hexadecimal number. The two numbers you used are equivalent. The prefix 0x is commonly used to denote hex. Your script would just have to convert the number from xbmc (dec->hex) to match the right file. Or use the decimal numbers for the file names since it sounds like you're doing this from scratch.

Good luck!
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

tuborg wrote:Dom,

The titleID in xbmc's database is stored as a decimal number, where as in the software you mention it is stored as a hexadecimal number. The two numbers you used are equivalent. The prefix 0x is commonly used to denote hex. Your script would just have to convert the number from xbmc (dec->hex) to match the right file. Or use the decimal numbers for the file names since it sounds like you're doing this from scratch.

Good luck!
Huh! That's an interesting piece of information... I will definately look into that; Many thanks tuborg. I don't suppose you can shed light on how the way the "lastAccessed" field is stored? Unless of course, it's the same concept!
tuborg

Post by tuborg »

Sorry I am not familiar with that, but with the name "lastAccessed" I assume it is a time value - maybe unix time? (seconds since epoch - jan1/70). Do you have an example?

It was your comment "minus the prefix 0x" that led me to check if both of those numbers were the same - just in a different base. It was missing other obvious signs of hex (letters A-F) but a simple conversion verified they were indeed the same number.