XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post ideas or dicuss development of the Blog / Forum / Bugtracker etc
somacast

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by somacast »

Rocky5 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:34 pm
somacast wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:18 pm excellent really nice and modern looking
i did a mistake when transferd the arts to games folders, now its showing covers of games that i don't have even!!

anyways i have a few questions please

1- isn't there a shutdown and reboot options??
2- how to make it the default launcher? currently i have a full of bugs unleashX which cant even change its skin!
3- how to make my own arts for a game? many are not included in the file you shared?

thanks alot
Press the black button to get the shutdown option. ( press down )

I can’t say how you make it your default launcher as I don’t know how your system is setup or even modded.
( but typically you just replace your current dash with the XBMC files )

You use google to find the cover image and then you resize it to the same size as the others. You can also use gimp to touch them up if need be.
Albatross wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:03 pm Just updated to XBMC4Gamers & know that its prime aim is as a game launcher but was wondering if its possible to directly boot into emulators from the programs window ? (I can get them to launch but only from within a folder)
Edit the custom_menu_loader.xml and change the programs,games to programs,emulators
its v1.6 hard moded with Aladdin chip and 500 gb sata hdd with sata ide adapter, installed uleashx as default, evox also available,

and one more question please;

is there for auto sign in? i don't want to sign in on every reboot..
thanks again
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

somacast wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:19 pm.....

its v1.6 hard moded with Aladdin chip and 500 gb sata hdd with sata ide adapter, installed uleashx as default, evox also available,

thanks again
So it will boot C:\evoxdash.xbe as one of its default paths.
Download this dashloader rename the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe, now FTP over the XBMC folder that’s made after running the build batch file to C, E or F and finally overwrite your current evoxdash.xbe with the new one.

As for auto login you need to edit Q:\USERDATA\profiles.xml and change true value at the top to false.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
somacast

Post by somacast »

Rocky5 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:56 pm

thanks again
Download this dashloader rename the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe, now FTP over the XBMC folder that’s made after running the build batch file to C, E or F and finally overwrite your current evoxdash.xbe with the new one.

As for auto login you need to edit Q:\USERDATA\profiles.xml and change true value at the top to false.
I was able to make it log in direct by editing profiles.xml , it was not in userdata it was in the root directory of xbmc , anyway I found out also that I have more than one unleash installed !! and I really don't know which one of them is the one that boots directly , but I will figure out as you mentioned above

one more thing, can I edit the menu (application , homebrew , etc) I was to change it to (dashboards) so it finds the dashboards folder and display them.

also I wanted to know if it is possible to edit the boot up (xbmc) screen to anything else :) :)

thank you
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

somacast wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:02 pm
Rocky5 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:56 pm

thanks again

I was able to make it log in direct by editing profiles.xml , it was not in userdata it was in the root directory of xbmc , anyway I found out also that I have more than one unleash installed !! and I really don't know which one of them is the one that boots directly , but I will figure out as you mentioned above

In the root of the XBMC folder? profiles.xml is in the USERDATA folder, I know I created it and put it there :D it’s next to the other .xml file like guisettings.xml, sources.xml eg...

one more thing, can I edit the menu (application , homebrew , etc) I was to change it to (dashboards) so it finds the dashboards folder and display them.

Press the content button on the entries and pick edit source. You may have to remove or rename the “Faster_Game_Loading.bin” to stop folder loading as xbe files in the programs menu.

also I wanted to know if it is possible to edit the boot up (xbmc) screen to anything else :) :)

Change the splash image in the Q:\media folder.

thank you

no problem :)
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Toanuiva

Post by Toanuiva »

Hello Rocky5
First, your dash is amazing, me and my friends love it.

I have several questions for you, can you help us?

https://postimg.org/image/yin5hzwc5/

How this guy did it?

I mean, how to have transparency in the bottom? How to have "posters" without white borders? Because we use jpg and there are no transparency effects in it.

Thanks
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Toanuiva wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:36 am Hello Rocky5
First, your dash is amazing, me and my friends love it.

I have several questions for you, can you help us?

https://postimg.org/image/yin5hzwc5/

How this guy did it?

I mean, how to have transparency in the bottom? How to have "posters" without white borders? Because we use jpg and there are no transparency effects in it.

Thanks

You will need to message him and ask for his modified files. There is to much to go into I what he done, but it involves modifying the xml files and textures.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Toanuiva

Post by Toanuiva »

Yeah, i already mailed him ^^
Hope for an answer
Thanks for quick reply Rocky5
Maybe you can tell me what files i have to work on to change textures? And wich tools i have to use to do that?
Thanks
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Toanuiva wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:19 pm Yeah, i already mailed him ^^
Hope for an answer
Thanks for quick reply Rocky5
Maybe you can tell me what files i have to work on to change textures? And wich tools i have to use to do that?
Thanks
You need to make your own textures and place them in the skin\profiles\media folder you then need to edit the right xml file in the 720p folder with say notepad++ since it has syntax highlighting.
( any new images you will need to point the xml entries to these new images )
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Toanuiva

Post by Toanuiva »

I had the idea to use your own textures.xpr file and make some adjustments. But xpr express doesn't work on it... There is no way to do this?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Toanuiva wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:48 pm I had the idea to use your own textures.xpr file and make some adjustments. But xpr express doesn't work on it... There is no way to do this?
You need to use Windows XP or Windows 7 and the latest version of XPRExpress.

I use XP in a virtual machine on windows 10
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
krah

Post by krah »

I had the idea to use your own textures.xpr file and make some adjustments. But xpr express doesn't work on it... There is no way to do this?
I had to change the header of the exe to make it run on a 64bit OS thats the only way I could get it to run. Just google it to find out how :)
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

krah wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 am
I had to change the header of the exe to make it run on a 64bit OS thats the only way I could get it to run. Just google it to find out how :)
Why not share where you found this info or share the exe?
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
krah

Post by krah »

I did it ages ago and can't remember how I did it cause I just followed a tut i found.
Here is the exe though I had to zip it cause Im not allowed to attach exes :)
edit: its for version 1.5.1
XPRExpress.rar
(253.59 KiB) Downloaded 505 times
Toanuiva

Post by Toanuiva »

Thanks a lot for help guys
I made huge steps to what i want tonight

There is a thing i don't find, it's is the top border, at the top of fanart with "games" and the clock. What's the png associated with it in the textures.xpr? i can't find it :(
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

krah wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:40 pm I did it ages ago and can't remember how I did it cause I just followed a tut i found.
Here is the exe though I had to zip it cause Im not allowed to attach exes :)
edit: its for version 1.5.1
XPRExpress.rar
OMG I wish I new about this along time ago! thank you.

Really one byte was changed to make it 64bit complaint :shock:

offset 0x418 - change 01 to 03
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Toanuiva

Post by Toanuiva »

I don't know if you have seen my question ;)
Is there a way to remove or make transparent the top bar where "games" and the clock are.
Thanks ;)
krah

Post by krah »

Toanuiva wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:55 pm I don't know if you have seen my question ;)
Is there a way to remove or make transparent the top bar where "games" and the clock are.
Thanks ;)
I believe it is header.png but it is used throughout the skin/mod so you are better off removing it from the myprograms.xml as opposed to removing it completely from the textures.xpr
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Toanuiva wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:55 pm I don't know if you have seen my question ;)
Thanks ;)
It’s located in the includes.xml
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Toanuiva

Post by Toanuiva »

Thanks guys
I'll show you the result soon ;)
Toanuiva

Post by Toanuiva »

Hello Guys, please tell me, how can i change the font type, size and color of the game's title? thanks