XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post ideas or dicuss development of the Blog / Forum / Bugtracker etc
kaos_engr

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by kaos_engr »

Where does one find the version number of XBMC4Gamers displayed in the app itself?
Mauricio Alejandro

Post by Mauricio Alejandro »

Rocky5 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:36 am
gabbers77 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:34 pm Good friends!!

Does anyone know where to get all "opencase" and "dualcover" and "cdposter"?

THX
Settings > downloader > Artwork > Xbox Artwork Installer

Once downloade and extracted ( requires just under 500MB )

Settings > Skin Settings > Tools/Scripts > Xbox Artwork Installer
( straight forward from there on )

It’s an automated process, if you don’t conform to the norm and have your games outside of the normal games folders on E, F or G. You can add custom paths to the settings.ini file that’s created on first run.
Thanks Rocky. I have a issue with the Downloader:. Just doesnt download the file 3.09 Mb. It appear an error: Dam something went wrong. Server or local network issue. Ir something else. I don't know what could be the problem. I connected My Xbox several times and diferents ways.

I want to have The complete covers and posters for the Xbox games.
TrantaLocked

Post by TrantaLocked »

XBMC4Gamers just doesn't function properly for me. If I try to use 4:3 mode (MS dash and rocky5 dash all in normal mode only 480p enabled, pixel aspect ratio properly set in XBMC4Gamers settings), then all assets including artwork are squished vertically as if it was for anamorphic widescreen. Even though I do not have widescreen set in ANY settings in any dash or program on my Xbox. Then, as a result of this problem, I went to use widescreen 720p instead. I set widescreen and 720p in ms and default dash, and 720p in XBMC4Gamers itself, but then for whatever reason on boot up into XBMC4Gamers it loads in 4:3 mode. I can look and see that 720p mode is indeed still set in appearance settings, but somehow it isn't displaying in widescreen, until I switch the resolution back and forth. Then it decides to properly output the resolution it is set to.

So now I just cannot find a way to make XBMC4Games practically work for me. I can't get 4:3 to show assets properly, and widescreen doesn't work automatically on bootup. It's just too annoying to use and I don't know how to fix any of these problems.
tx3000

Post by tx3000 »

kaos_engr wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:37 am Where does one find the version number of XBMC4Gamers displayed in the app itself?
You have to create it from some masterfile BS. Of course no one here wants to explain anything, while talking down to anyone who asks as if ti's their fault no one bothers to explain anything. What is explained is basically useless to anyone not involved in the putting this stuff together. Rocky causes more problems then there needs to be then act like he is helping people. I was watching a live stream the other night where the person blasted Rocky while Rocky was in their stream..

Anyway
I collaborated with that person to completely fix the mess Rocky and a bunch of other people defending him have caused. Be patient and I'll PM the link when it's uploaded to that persons youtube channel.
tx3000

Post by tx3000 »

TrantaLocked wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:58 am XBMC4Gamers just doesn't function properly for me. If I try to use 4:3 mode (MS dash and rocky5 dash all in normal mode only 480p enabled, pixel aspect ratio properly set in XBMC4Gamers settings), then all assets including artwork are squished vertically as if it was for anamorphic widescreen. Even though I do not have widescreen set in ANY settings in any dash or program on my Xbox. Then, as a result of this problem, I went to use widescreen 720p instead. I set widescreen and 720p in ms and default dash, and 720p in XBMC4Gamers itself, but then for whatever reason on boot up into XBMC4Gamers it loads in 4:3 mode. I can look and see that 720p mode is indeed still set in appearance settings, but somehow it isn't displaying in widescreen, until I switch the resolution back and forth. Then it decides to properly output the resolution it is set to.

So now I just cannot find a way to make XBMC4Games practically work for me. I can't get 4:3 to show assets properly, and widescreen doesn't work automatically on bootup. It's just too annoying to use and I don't know how to fix any of these problems.
First let me address the main point to your reply which should help you understand what the actual problem is because it's not you.
When it comes to this, there is no such thing as functioning properly, if it is proper it is functioning. I also find the utter lack of troubleshooting and proper instructions on how to get things setup and working, rather hilarious. Because the people here have been involved in the making and putting things together, so of course they understand it, but then they trash people for not knowing what they didn't bother explaining, and then act like everything is perfectly clear and easy to understand.
The reason I find the situation on this site hilarious, is because they truly believe what they say.

Secondly there has been a lot of editing being done to the default.xbe files by rocky and a few other people so their dashboards work fine, they do not upload the versions, instead they upload the same crap they full well know causes issues, (Anyone who claims they don't know things they upload cause issues are trolls) Reading around topics on this forum shows this.

Anyway I collaborated with someone who blasted Rocky in a livestream the other night to fix a lot of the mess Rocky and a few other people created on this forum and a number of other places such as reddit.
I will PM you the link to the video when it's uploaded.
CaLi 0riginaL

Post by CaLi 0riginaL »

Hi,

I’ve been trying to update my XBMC4Gamers from 1.3 to the latest 1.4 through the downloader. After what seems to be a successful update, I log in to my profile only for it to run into a scripts error and says to send you the xbox log.

I’ve tried updating via downloading your latest build and replacing the XBMC4Gamers folder minus my userdata folder with the same results. I’ve had to revert back to version 1.3 but would really love to be able to update properly. Would you please look at my log and help me if possible?
JustinBeaird

Supreme Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies

Post by JustinBeaird »

Elevate your dating game with the top site for hassle-free connections.
Actual Girls
Super Сasual Dating