XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post ideas or dicuss development of the Blog / Forum / Bugtracker etc
RoofTop
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:00 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by RoofTop » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:09 pm

Check if the partition where you have your xbmc4gamers copy have enough space for storing the artwork installer,
it is not recommended to use partition C: as it have limited disk space.

Now, I believe the artwork installer checks the game-id to determine what game you have in your dirs.
So possible you have a default.xbe with a unknown game-id --- some cracked versions with crack intro's infront of them
might do this.

If that is not the case, then maybe you care to do some manual work ?

Go to your xbmc4gamers Artwork installer dir with the filemanager:

Mine is located at this location:

E:\xbmc\system\scripts\Xbox Artwork Installer\Artwork\ntsc\Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2\

Copy the "_resource" dir and the default.tbn + fanart.jpg into the root dir of you baldurs gate 2 game directory.

Then it should work.

(Not that most of the game artwork are ntsc versions, only the PAL only games are located in the pal dir.)

Cheers,

blaeker18
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:27 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by blaeker18 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:32 am

Hi. When I enter the downloader, the warning "script failed: urldownloader" appears.

kdub24
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:20 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by kdub24 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:15 pm

blaeker18 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:32 am
Hi. When I enter the downloader, the warning "script failed: urldownloader" appears.
Are you on the newest version of XBMC4GAMERS? I had the same error until I updated to the latest version

kdub24
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:20 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by kdub24 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:26 pm

I know this is a very old tread but I have a couple questions on XBMC4Gamers dash...
1. How do you refresh the cover artwork? "I cant get the default.tbn to show up" I copied halo 2 from dvd2xbox and it has the default box art cover even tho I added the artwork _resources and default.tbn. I have tried clearing the cache and clearing the thumbnails but it still has the default cover artwork.

2. is there anyway to get the system temp from the XBMC4Gamers dash? If not it would be a cool feature to add that. Like Freestyle dash 3 on Xbox 360.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments

User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Rocky5 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:07 am

kdub24 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:26 pm
I know this is a very old tread but I have a couple questions on XBMC4Gamers dash...
1. How do you refresh the cover artwork? "I cant get the default.tbn to show up" I copied halo 2 from dvd2xbox and it has the default box art cover even tho I added the artwork _resources and default.tbn. I have tried clearing the cache and clearing the thumbnails but it still has the default cover artwork.

Press Up on the game list and enable the resources box. Three in from the left.

2. is there anyway to get the system temp from the XBMC4Gamers dash? If not it would be a cool feature to add that. Like Freestyle dash 3 on Xbox 360.

not currently but it’s something you don’t need to know as the Xbox will tell you, by ramping up the fan or shutting down :lol:

Thanks for any suggestions or comments
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

Poll300
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 12:59 pm

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Poll300 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:07 pm

Hello, I wanted to write that for a few days I have been using the program and it's fun !! my question is whether the author of the program will release any updates or amendments or additions?
ps. Can XBMC4Gamers be used as the main loadaer in the future?
i.e. all finished files from xbmc4 3.5.3 move and replace from the main XBMC folder on the disk? ;)

And you can ask to send this skin to xbmc4Gamers kids?

idem.26
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:44 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by idem.26 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Hello Rocky5. I am French and I have just discovered the huge work you have done (Bravo and thank you)
I built my xbox with your latest version xbmc4gamers but I am stuck on the menu Applications, Emulators, Games and Homebrew.
impossible for me to put 3D covers. the 2D ok.
here are some actions on my part.
exp 1: Games white button on the joystick, choose a thumbnail / image search / browse / directory path. No action
exp 2: in the source file, Games, replacing the path of the line <thumbnail>
and nothing either .profiles - <thumbnail pathversion = "1"> E: \ _ resources icon \ games \ Games-T.png </ thumbnail>.
a big thank you if you can help me .
another question . on the same menu Applications, Games, Emulators and Homebrew the procedure to create an individual fanar for each directory ?

User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Rocky5 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:29 am

idem.26 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 pm
Hello Rocky5. I am French and I have just discovered the huge work you have done (Bravo and thank you)
I built my xbox with your latest version xbmc4gamers but I am stuck on the menu Applications, Emulators, Games and Homebrew.
impossible for me to put 3D covers. the 2D ok.
here are some actions on my part.
exp 1: Games white button on the joystick, choose a thumbnail / image search / browse / directory path. No action
exp 2: in the source file, Games, replacing the path of the line <thumbnail>
and nothing either .profiles - <thumbnail pathversion = "1"> E: \ _ resources icon \ games \ Games-T.png </ thumbnail>.
a big thank you if you can help me .
another question . on the same menu Applications, Games, Emulators and Homebrew the procedure to create an individual fanar for each directory ?
Use the built in downloader to download the Xbox Artwork installer.

Folder fanart is supported, look in Q:\Skins\profile skin\media\folder fanart\
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

MasterChief2
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:57 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by MasterChief2 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:06 am

Hello everyone. Does anyone know how can I remove this framed in a red on the picture below? I want it to be 100% transparent, something like when you go to Synopsis and you can see full fanart background. Does anyone know how can I do that?

Image

User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Rocky5 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:49 pm

MasterChief2 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:06 am
Hello everyone. Does anyone know how can I remove this framed in a red on the picture below? I want it to be 100% transparent, something like when you go to Synopsis and you can see full fanart background. Does anyone know how can I do that?

Image
Toggle the fanart button again and it will use the fog.jog file.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

idem.26
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:44 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by idem.26 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Rocky5

Utilisez le téléchargeur intégré pour télécharger le programme d'installation de Xbox Artwork.

Le dossier fanart est supporté, regardez dans Q: \ Skins \ profile skin \ media \ folder fanart \

idem.26_

thank you very much rocky5, super happy for the individual fanarts works as indicated in your explanation, by cons can you explain me in more detail for the intalation of 3d artwork jackets for the menu page Games, Homebrew, Emulators and Applications, j have already installed the xbox Artwork installation program which has successfully installed my game artwork and emulators.
I created my artworks Apps, games etc ... but impossible to display them.

idem.26
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:44 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by idem.26 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:08 pm

hello, who can help me finish the construction of xbmc4gamers?
in the menu games, homebrew, emulators and applications I try to put my own icons. for meters manually. who can give me the location or the path.
second question, Rocky5 on the profile menu has inserted a snowflake animation. thank you in advance

idem.26
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:44 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by idem.26 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:12 pm

I forgot to mention that for the icons are in 3D icon

Post Reply