YouTube Addon porting

Discussion of plugin / script development for XBMC4Xbox
NOTTHESAME

Re: Have you a request for addons or scripts for xbmc4xbox ?

Post by NOTTHESAME »

sixties keith wrote:cheers for this, going to test it out really soon, ok to post over at totalxbmc or better to wait for full release? thanks
Yes we found on xunity and it happen to work so very big thanks to tim for his patch, it dontnplay vevo related videos i guess or im not but if they are offical muaic videos its when thwy dont work, i love it :)
mel123

Post by mel123 »

Thanks NOTTHESAME.I got it now.Well done. :D
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

ok did alot of testing and i have to say the youtube search addon seems pretty decent, didnt freeze or lock my xbox up and everything seemed to play well. Good job indeed :)

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
tim619

Post by tim619 »

Just wanted to say that I didn't continue work on bromix addon, because when I talked to him telling him his framework isn't compatible he said he didn't like adding an older XBMC version and also he will update the addon soon to a completely other framework. Also it seems that he didn't knew how he passes the args, later I found out it seems like parts are a copy of 'xbmcswift2' at least the args passing part...
Then I saw that Jan posted he works on an own youtube addon, I think his version will be good too and with x4x support.
For now I think the youtube search plugin is ok, so didn't want to investigate time again changing things that maybe break on the next build because of new framework...
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I had held off looking at this as you were working on it, and I didn't want to steal your thunder, but if not I will fix it up and upload it to our repo.
tim619

Post by tim619 »

I'm sorry for me it sounded that you just had a quick look over the addon.
I got bromix addon partly working, e.g. livestreams listed correct just playing didn't work. Search function ended in a loop. I'll search this files and upload here.
Before I already wrote this plugin which downloads the latest bromix version, the idea was to auto-patch it (needs to be placed in programs folder): http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/2IEe0rOp/file.html
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I only had a quick look before - which was some time ago. I had planned to take another look at it when I had a free moment, but held off since you were working on it.

I have browsing / playing working currently. logging in and search need more work.

I am working on it via a git branch, which will be easier to maintain as I can just merge from upstream.
tim619

Post by tim619 »

Nice that sound very good. Is it a public git? Maybe I can have a look on this :D
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

it will be - not pushed anything yet
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

The reason search and login crashes is due to the storage class (which uses sqlite3) freezing on the Xbox. May be some bugs in our sqlite3 build, or just stuff that isn't support. I got it working briefly, and then it broke again, so maybe I just got lucky. Playing with some settings now (and testing some sqlite3 build options).

Disabling the search history / cache allows search to work. Without logging in sorted though which needs the cache, it's not so useful, so I need to dig further into the reasons sqlite3 is breaking.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Tim619 - so looks like you had your hands full with this one - There are definitely thread related issues vs sqlite3 - the freezes are going to be hard to fix from just python I think (at least without major rewriting of the app). Unfortunately our Python does have problems with some stuff, and we don't have proper threading either. There are also issues in the way Python is stopped/unloaded. Time for me to spend some more time on improving this (if I can - I've forgotten half the stuff I did before!)

In regards to just the path changes - these are the path changes that make it work on the Xbox.

https://github.com/joolswills/plugin.vi ... 41d169b6b5

This allows browsing and video playback - but there are the above problems already outlined.
tim619

Re: YouTube Addon porting

Post by tim619 »

Thanks that's a better way of fixing the path structure than mine! I installed it on Kodi with two changes and it works good :)
The search doesn't work very well on Kodi now, too. I'll have a look on that tomorrow, I think we will get this working without changes on Python, maybe just the search history is to much, I don't like it anyway^^.
But as I said Bromix will change the complete framework soon, so updates will maybe need some new work again...
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

@ Buzz
thanks

will it work without ram problems on a 64 mb xbox?
Bromix blowing up the addons so match.

@ tim619

You have ask bromix for help but he say no?

Regards Jan
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

@ Buzz

the nowtv.de addon from bromix is for the moment my addon i have fixed the video issues that its works without external binarys .
i have asked Bromix again and gave him the link to the momently changes so that he can adapt all the addons from him to work on xbmc4xbox to.
But i wait on answhere.

Ps when he i will it not do so i make the two addons what i have from him compatible for xbmc4xbox again .

And i think so the others for what he have no time more to!

Sorry my bad english

Regards Jan
mel123

Post by mel123 »

Hi Buzz.
Are we going to have a FULL YOUTUBE in the near future?not the search youtube.
Regards Mel123
animax129@gmail.com

Post by animax129@gmail.com »

Hello thank you for you hard work link is dead Anyone help me