New Total Installer Addon coming soon!

Discussion of plugin / script development for XBMC4Xbox
whufclee

New Total Installer Addon coming soon!

Post by whufclee »

Hi folks,

It's been a while since I've been on here but don't worry I've not forgotten about you and I've spent the past year learning how to code in various languages - I'm still learning and am certainly not a skilled coder but I'm improving as each day passes. I have some exciting news for you...

I've spent the past few months making big changes to the backend of the TotalXBMC site which has resulted in not only the changes you can see on the site but many other big changes in database structures and other things not seen by the end users. This has been done in preparation of a new super addon - the new version of Total Installer. This is going to be much more than just an installer, full details will come over the coming weeks but here's the great news for you Xbox users...

Although pretty much every other developer out there has all but given up on the old girl I'm now dedicating all my coding time to getting the new Total Installer working on Xbox (name will most likely change as it's now going to be much more than an addon installer). You guys will have the first release of the new addon before anyone else - I anticipate this to be the biggest addon release this year and MANY months have gone into sorting out all the backend code required so I've now just got to code up the addon. This could take days, it could take weeks - sorry really can't give you a better time frame than that but rest assured I'm working hard on it and will update you all as and when I have more info :)

By the end of today I hope to have the new web form ready where you can easily update the status of addons (including Xbox compatibliity), mark as broken, add notes, video guides and even add your own addons to the portal. You'll find details of that on TotalXBMC when it's ready, just got a few little bugs to iron out but after spending all weekend on it I'm almost there.

I'll try and update this thread as and when I can but you can find the official thread here.

@Admin: The addon will not be accessing any copyrighted content so I think it's ok to post details on here but if you have any questions just Skype/email/PM me and I'll happily fill you in with all the details.

Hope to see some of you guys helping out with the addon compatibility reports soon :)

Oh also... I've been out of the Xbox scene for quite a while now so not really sure what I've missed out on but if any of you know of any script modules that have been specially adapted for XBMC4Xbox please let me know as I'll get them integrated somehow. I know Jan had done some edits and I think BuZz had also adapted some? Any info you can supply will be a big help, cheers.
hawsey

Re: New Total Installer Addon coming soon!

Post by hawsey »

Great news Whufclee :-)

I always think it's such a shame when people upgrade their boxes to 3.5 after all the hard work BuZz has put in only to find they can't source many working add ons

We need something like this to keep things going add on wise , good luck with your coding .
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

The xbox has come on leaps and bounds recently and the new xbox section over at total is growing every day. Alot more addons work now and with this new installer things can only get better. I'll be testing and adding compatibility notes for the plugins once its up and running :D

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Ok just wanted to update you all on this project, it's actually developed into much more than I originally planned. The code is all working really well on mainbranch so I will be looking to port it over to xbox very soon. I know I said I was going to release on Xbox first but I hadn't considered the logistics of it all! It actually worked out much easier to code it for mainbranch and then backport to Xbox. If any of you want to try out the kodi.tv friendly version of the new TotalRevolution add-on it should theoretically work on xbox apart from the addon portal section (and some of the maintenance tasks may need some tinkering). Please let me know if you do try it out and whether or not it works.

The official release thread was done on the kodi.tv forum but as they don't support Xbox anymore feel free to post up in here and I'll check when I can or you can visit the TotalXBMC thread where I'll be able to see any replies immediately. Here's the thread explaining just what it does, remember this is coded for mainbranch currently but I'd be interested to see if it does work on xbox - it may well need some imports commenting out but just post up a debug log if it doesn't boot up and I'll take a look. Sorry my xboxes aren't accessible at the moment so I thought this would be a good project for someone on here ;).