a4x installer / frodo repo is missing items?

Discussion of plugin / script development for XBMC4Xbox
byron

a4x installer / frodo repo is missing items?

Post by byron »

Noticed this the other day when I was installing Cu LRC Lyrics and it wouldn't install because it's not there anymore in the frodo repo. Also just tried installing another addon that requires script.module.urlresolver...well that's no longer here either for whatever reason (which is where we access the modules/addons from). It's still in the gotham's mirror list, so was thinking maybe a small adjustment (added code in a4x installer specifically for .modules) to be drawn from the gotham repo? I'm more than happy to help with some guidance...I wouldn't think it would be too hard to grab "some" things from the gotham mirror - Or does anyone here have access to it to replace things that might have gone missing (guessing that mainline probably wouldn't fix these things on our behalf if we asked)? :?
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: a4x installer / frodo repo is missing items?

Post by BuZz »

yeh we may need to repoint to the gotham repo. it will require an update to addons4xbox script (and a clear of userdata/addon_data/addons4xbox or so)
byron

Post by byron »

I Asked Eldorado about URLResolver...

http://forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/3579- ... post253223
BuZz wrote:yeh we may need to repoint to the gotham repo. it will require an update to addons4xbox script (and a clear of userdata/addon_data/addons4xbox or so)
Right...so after changing a4x installer to grab stuff from Gotham it seems promising and at least a couple of the addons that I tried appeared to be working (actual testing will need to be done for sure). The problems become (as far as I can tell from my experiences):
  • api is going to need an update
  • there will likely be conflict with services/multi threading (could be wrong)
  • issues with items that are still being hosted in different repos (i.e. youtube is still in frodo but some gotham addons require it etc...)
  • probably many more things I can't think of right now...
:|
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

All this makes me contemplate further. Can I just begin running a public FTP repo to add to sources? If it had third party plugins could I still spread word here?

This way we can just keep a folder of working Xbox plugins handy for the public.