Release Addon Programm GameLauncher

Discussion of plugin / script development for XBMC4Xbox
skatulskijean

Release Addon Programm GameLauncher

Post by skatulskijean »

NEW VERSION 0.0.2 from 03.04.2014:

Changelog Version 0.0.2:
-switch to create the GameDB on UserdataDB as MyGames.db
-Switch the created Tabel Name on the DB to Xbox that is more Clean when i Emulators integrate on the Database to.
-The update function works (without i deleted the created DB before , this is important to add Emulators on future).
- added Error Handling when the Game is not found
- added access to Game Puplisher and Date on The Skin.
-added function to read the used skin and run on the Best View for the Skin (momently the Best View is only suported by Mosaic and JX720 Skin)
By using from other Skins per default the ListView is aviable but this Holding not all information what you can see on the Views from Mosaic and JX 720.

NEW PICTURE VERSION 0.0.2 Mosaic Skin:

Here is the first Programm Addon from me.

When the Addon your Game not Found or bring a incorect Cover or no description for your Game.
Please crate a account on http://thegamesdb.net and add the information for the Game .
When you than update the Database on GameLauncher the information for the Game since aviable.

I want not to add manualy the original Xbox Cover ,Plot and other information.
We have python and we can do that all with it .
We want not scripts for this we can it do over addons what since not so memory hungry we xbmc scripts.

What to this Programm :
With the First Run
its parse the Xbox Directory's E:\Games ,F:\Games,G:\Games for installed Games created a Sq-Lite Db for the Games with original ,Cover ,Plot ,usw..
With the next Run you access the Games on Alphabetic Order.
When you have a new Game added push the Upfdate button to update the Database

Best look is on the JX720 or Mosaic Skin then it have a View with what you can access the Plot and Fanart to (So you want only a view for you skin what can do the same as the view on JX720 Skin or Mosaic Skin:

JX720

Mosaic

This addon is a python 2.7 addon so its works on ly on the 3.5 Beta Builds

Install:

ftp the scriptmodule .requests and the Addon to your xbox
Then install first the scriptmodule.requests and the the GameLauncher Addon over the xbmc4xbox AddonInstaller (install from zip)

Dependencies
scriptmodule.requests : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/837 ... quests.zip
Addon Version 0.0.2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/837 ... uncher.zip

I use on this addon the Informations from http://thegamesdb.net .
So where it nice the one or other can add the Information for the xbox games what since not located on this Site to make a full working Database for xbox Games!
Momently the site holding Informartion for over 400 xbox 1 Games but not all have a description Cover or Link to a Video

TODO:

-add option to Play Trailer over Contextmenu
-adding option to switch to create the db with informations from http://connect.collectorz.com
-integration from Emulators
-i think (resize the parsed fanart and store it on the xbox self) momently i access the Fanarts for the Games to but she since on a Format what is to big for the xbox.
so momently only a default Fanart is aviable
Last edited by skatulskijean on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
captainsensation

Re: Release Addon Programm GameLauncher

Post by captainsensation »

thank you for your continued work on plugins, as always I appreciate it.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

thanks jan great i was working trying to get this working thanks im gonna download htis right now :) thanks jan :)
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

Awesome! Defiantly gonna try this out tonight. Thanks Jan :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

hey jan can you get this to work with shortcuts, like emulator roms? so i can launch with .cut, i wanted to have this for my Sega Genesis :) thanks

cheers :)
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Thanks all for the Kindly words .

The Launcer is momently nit perfect but is on the way.
I will add the Fanart for the Games on Size what the xbox can do .
So i will resize the Fanarts from the gamesdb.net with python that is not a Problem i can that do with PIL.
But PIL is on the xbox not working (momently).
My Idea was that i switch the Games Database Location to Q Userdata\Database momently i have CREATE TABLE with the Name Game on the Database that will i switch to Xbox , so ican an logicall add new Tables for emulators like Sega Saturn.
I will add a New Folder to Userdata Games what Holding the Directorys for the differend Consolen Types and a Folder for xbox Games.
On this Folder i will Locate the resizes fanart for the Games with the Name from the Game ends with jpg.
I will add the rezize functionality by creating the DB and saving the resized Fanarts to the Folder from the Console Types what i have than created on the Games Folder.
When we want a Trailer for this i think it is easy to do with saving the Trailer with Name from the Games endswith xmv (this is the native xbox format what we can not
nativ access on xbmc4xbox (but the Coinops Community have many Game Videos created on this format , so i think that is the best Option).
Then i add the Access Trailer functionality to context menu (when a Trailer with the Name from the Game is located on the created Folder ists play the Trailer when not it say that the spezific Trailer is not located .
With this we can share the Gamefolders with the Rezsize Fanarts for the Games and Videos.

Logical where when we can add the create Gamedb Functionality to to DVDcopy and make a better skin for it or creating a own solution for adding Games on Python with DB functionality .So when you add a Game its add the Game to the DB with Cover desctription and Fanart .

@ NOTTHESAME

I think ist not a great Problem to add access over Shortcut for Emulators but i want for that the emulator xbe and the ROMFolder is ever Located on the Same so i think we do the Same we Vision and locate the Emulator xbe and the ROm Folder for the Console on the xbmc directory self.
So i can Look on the Game Folder for the Located Roms and create the database for it with a shortcut what access the emulator xbe and the ROM to play it but i must first look its this theory working.
I have not use emulation most and want for my Kids only the Option to access N64 Games (i think per default ists this Emu not accessable with Shortcuts but ist give a patch for a older Version what bring this Option.
So i hope i can this bring to work do.

@ NOTTHESAME i hope you can me help to .

I want a Home for the Mosaic skin what have only Movies ,TVShows, Picture Games , Settings and the RssVideo Feeds (like the Boxee insperat Skin )
And a MediaInfoView like Confluence Light.
Movies soll start Plex Movies , TV shows starts PlexTVshows, Picture starts PlexPicture and Games my GameLauncher Addon.
I hope you can this on the Skinning site do and i look for this Time to make the GameLauncher Better.
Nice wher whe we have a Programm View (Like the Prefered Mosaic and JX720 View for ConfluenceLight to.
So i can look with python what for sjkin its running and the GameLauncher starts with the Best View for to access Games for the Skin what we use.

Regards Jan
cifa

Post by cifa »

looks awesome - looking forward to testing.

cheers Jan :D

**Update I can't seem to get this to work properly....probably my fault. I only see one game (I have about 15) & the update database command gives a script error. The one game (Burnout 3) launches fine :)

i installed in a bit of a rush ;) I am on 32697. it was not a clean install (just overwrote previous 3.3 build)

I installed everything manually the 1st time - ran into a script error http://pastebin.com/HyWvGf1q I ensured plugins in correct place & scripts in correct place?

2nd time I installed via .zip method. another script error. http://pastebin.com/Aujv36Bm

any suggestions?

btw - when I tried to install via the .zip method the file manager would not let me go higher than the 1st level (E:\) . I couldn't see my F:\ or E:\ drives.
I had to move the zips into the plugin folder so they could be seen then installed.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

cifa wrote:looks awesome - looking forward to testing.

cheers Jan :D

**Update I can't seem to get this to work properly....probably my fault. I only see one game (I have about 15) & the update database command gives a script error. The one game (Burnout 3) launches fine :)

i installed in a bit of a rush ;) I am on 32697. it was not a clean install (just overwrote previous 3.3 build)

I installed everything manually the 1st time - ran into a script error http://pastebin.com/HyWvGf1q I ensured plugins in correct place & scripts in correct place?

2nd time I installed via .zip method. another script error. http://pastebin.com/Aujv36Bm

any suggestions?

btw - when I tried to install via the .zip method the file manager would not let me go higher than the 1st level (E:\) . I couldn't see my F:\ or E:\ drives.
I had to move the zips into the plugin folder so they could be seen then installed.
I think that is not your Problem .
I have not a Fallback added so i think you have a not suporteded Game .
On what for a Drive and under what for a Folder since the Games located?
Please can you give me the Game Names from the dir i mean when you look with the Filemanger on F:\Games as example (The names since often differend from the Standard Names ).
I will fix that then.

Regards Jan

fix this error
cifa

Post by cifa »

Here you go...
Games on F:\Games
Midtown Madness is on the the gamesDB
Does that help?

skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

cifa wrote:Here you go...
Games on F:\Games
Midtown Madness is on the the gamesDB
Does that help?

Please replace the default.py with this Version .
Del the created Game.db and run it again.

new default.py: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/837 ... default.py

Thanks i hope the help momently.
cifa

Post by cifa »

it worked !! :D
thats excellent - thanks for fixing so quickly!
your work is much appreciated ;)
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

cifa wrote:it worked !! :D
Thanks for the kindly words.

Can you say what for game or Games since not added?

Regards Jan

Ps i'ts not the end with this Addon i make it from time to time better
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

New Version 0.0.2 Changelog and DOWNLOAD on the First POST FROM THIS THREAD

Fave Fun Regards Jan
cifa

Post by cifa »

skatulskijean wrote:

Regards Jan

there were a few games that didn't not get listed. when I get a chance, I'll let you know ;)

**edit

OK some feedback - there were quite a few errors. for example

mx unleashed = wrath unleased
streetfighter 3 = counterstrike

in all about half scanned correctly (I had more games than I thought :)
Some games didnt scan at all (Rollercoaster Tycoon)
I need to fix the naming convention & I'll redo the scan. like the plugin tho thanks.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

cifa wrote:
skatulskijean wrote:

Regards Jan

there were a few games that didn't not get listed. when I get a chance, I'll let you know ;)

**edit

OK some feedback - there were quite a few errors. for example

mx unleashed = wrath unleased
streetfighter 3 = counterstrike

in all about half scanned correctly (I had more games than I thought :)
Some games didnt scan at all (Rollercoaster Tycoon)
I need to fix the naming convention & I'll redo the scan. like the plugin tho thanks.
Have a new Version on my xbox with new parser over mobyGames (mobyGames Holding Information for over 900 xbox games the old parser only over 400 x box games)
So more Title will match and all what is on my xbox on Games match with the First test correctly and have Description for all Games since aviable)
I look what i can do better on the code site and push a new Version here next week.

Regards Jan
I have look that i can parse the game Names over
Emperor Bohe

Post by Emperor Bohe »

anyway you can make this work on Confluence?

also, quake 3 arena and streets of rage remake dont get the right box arts. is it okay for me to add homebrew to the gamedb? what should I do?
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Emperor Bohe wrote:anyway you can make this work on Confluence?

also, quake 3 arena and streets of rage remake dont get the right box arts. is it okay for me to add homebrew to the gamedb? what should I do?
What i say on the post before this version can only adress the information for ca 480 xbox games but the new version on my xbox parse the information over mobygames and this holding the information for over 980 xbox games.
so with the next version you have better results or perfect result .

I can not say what for information for homebrew games since on the inet aviable .
When you me can point to a inetaddress what holding the information for xbox homebrew games i can write a parser for it and adding Homebrew games on the db to.

Regards Jan
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

jan do you know how i can get your rom launcher you made me run in the program window, im not to good at scripting, i tired to add but only found
xbmcgui.window() or windowXML( .self) im not sure if i need something else in that area, i trie to study yours but no hard work
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

NOTTHESAME wrote:jan do you know how i can get your rom launcher you made me run in the program window, im not to good at scripting, i tired to add but only found
xbmcgui.window() or windowXML( .self) im not sure if i need something else in that area, i trie to study yours but no hard work
He,my Friend.
My Kids have Holiday so i haer momently not the time for it.
SwedishGojira

Post by SwedishGojira »

skatulskijean wrote:
NOTTHESAME wrote:jan do you know how i can get your rom launcher you made me run in the program window, im not to good at scripting, i tired to add but only found
He,my Friend.
My Kids have Holiday so i haer momently not the time for it.
Any chance for a guide on how to add this to the Confluence menu?