Youtube plugin question

Discussion of plugin / script development for XBMC4Xbox
captainsensation

Youtube plugin question

Post by captainsensation »

So i noticed that the mainline has Addons that go through youtube to access videos. Addons such as Game Grumps, Screwattack, Machinima and others are in the super repo and are used as shortcuts to the content on youtube. Can this be done for xbmc4xbox? Although slightly redudant, it would be nice to have these if possible. Thoughts?
Dan Dar3

Re: Youtube plugin question

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@captainsensation
Buzz has been working hard lately on trying to port the mainline addons system together with a new Python to allow for mainline addons to work on XBMC4Xbox, you can see his announcement here:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/2013/08/xbm ... -released/

Might take a while for him to finish this part and might not be available for a while, but I think waiting is your best bet - I don't think anyone will try to spend much effort in making changes to the old YouTube addon, knowing that the mainline one might just work out of the box.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

captainsensation wrote:So i noticed that the mainline has Addons that go through youtube to access videos. Addons such as Game Grumps, Screwattack, Machinima and others are in the super repo and are used as shortcuts to the content on youtube. Can this be done for xbmc4xbox? Although slightly redudant, it would be nice to have these if possible. Thoughts?
ds
We do the same.
Many addons on the xbmc4xbox repo access other addons to play a stream!
this is the reasons why i hat adapted Youtube , vimeo and BlibTV first(or inizial)!
We have different pad as main xbmc , lock as example on the BestofYoutube addon (default.py ) and you can see what we have do thats works on xbmc4xbox to.

example to access a Youtube video:

Code: Select all

xbox = xbmc.getCondVisibility("System.Platform.xbox")  #

if xbox==True: 
url = "plugin://video/YouTube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=" + id #pfad on xbmc4xbox to access the addon
else:
url = "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=" + id   #pfad on main xbmc to access the addon

is the same syntax to access a vimeo or blibtv addon to stream

url="plugin://video/name from addon (on the addon.xml)/same code as mainxmc"

Regards Jan

PS.
looks here what i have writen to adapting addons for xbmc4xbox http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... 0&start=20
captainsensation

interesting. So how can we use this to point to a specific youtube channel?
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

captainsensation wrote:interesting. So how can we use this to point to a specific youtube channel?
over a own addon or plugin what give access over the youtube api to the channel (is a xml)
that we can parse the data and play the streams over the Youtube addon.
the only fucking solution for me is that xbmc want the youtube addon to play youtube videos i hat make a youtube simple search addon was play the youtube videos over a stream.py from dirtylion what give me access to the youtube video stream without the dependencies from the youtube addon but its works not perfect and i have to look what is wrong.

its not a problem to make a addon what can parse the youtube channel or playlist what you want.
But better where we can this integrat on a skin like recently added but for online media!

Its with access the atv like apple trailer , best music videos and best songs (only previews from this )
its only a xml what we must parse to access all what we want i have it down with my atv like appletrailer addon.
Its all on my xbox but not on the repo or net.

Regards Jan
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

im working on a unversial Youtube Channel app what play the Youtube videos over a intern solution .
The code to play the Youtube streams is base on the Enigma2 MediaPortal youtube script but this was not working so nice ,
so that i have fixed the isue that i hat with him (most youtube videos was not payable and https acces was not working) and make the code xbox friendly (access only the best aviable sd video)
Have updated my Youtubesearch script and change from re scrapping to json scapping what make this very fast.
From this time i can understand that many Python developers only access Sites over a api.

Regards Jan :)
captainsensation

skatulskijean wrote:im working on a unversial Youtube Channel app what play the Youtube videos over a intern solution .
The code to play the Youtube streams is base on the Enigma2 MediaPortal youtube script but this was not working so nice ,
so that i have fixed the isue that i hat with him (most youtube videos was not payable and https acces was not working) and make the code xbox friendly (access only the best aviable sd video)
Have updated my Youtubesearch script and change from re scrapping to json scapping what make this very fast.
From this time i can understand that many Python developers only access Sites over a api.

Regards Jan :)
So does that mean i will be able to edit the app and view a specific channel directly?
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

give me a Channel example!
Regards Jan
captainsensation

skatulskijean wrote:give me a Channel example!
Regards Jan
Game Grumps
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

That is not a problem.
My universal addon can not only scrape the uploads from a spezific Youtube channel it can access all playlist to !
With litle and cleaner code as this addon have and want not the Youtube addon to play the Youtube videos.

But i not understan why you can not read.
I have give the solution to you to fix the existing Game Grumps addon and other thats works on xbmc4xbox to!
But you do nothings.
Its only 10 sek from your Live to fix it self!

go with a editor (on windows like Notpad+ or on Linux gedit) to line 52 from the default.py and change:

url = "plugin://plugin/video/Youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid="+video_id

to :

url = "plugin://video/YouTube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid="+video_id

this.

Install the Youtube addon over Addon4XboxInstaller from the xbmc4xbox repo and change the video settings on the YouTube addon to sd.

Regards Jan
captainsensation

I tested Game Grumps and Machinima and they work! By changing the mainline code and icon.jpg to default.tbn they work like a regular plugin! Thank you. I should note that some videos fail on machinima and 'cannot find video url playback' or something to that extent. I found that i can still use these without selecting SD quality. I normally set that option in the settings to 'ask'.
captainsensation

Epic Meal Time, Jenna Marbles, Ultimate Guitar (the youtube channels part) all work with this fix as well.

Regards,
Jan Jr.
captainsensation

Tested this on IGN Entertainment and it works also.

Regards,

Jan Jr.
captainsensation

i fixed collegehumor to pull from youtube. I also made an Epic Rap Battles of History, Jerry LaVigne Jr. and Dorkly plugin from this. If anyone wants one of them pm me. Thanks

Regards,

Jan Jr.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

captainsensation wrote:i fixed collegehumor to pull from youtube. I also made an Epic Rap Battles of History, Jerry LaVigne Jr. and Dorkly plugin from this. If anyone wants one of them pm me. Thanks

Regards,

Jan Jr.
What you mean you fixed Collegehumor to pull from Youtube .
Collegehumor iss a xbmcswift addon on what for a build have you this working?
Regards Jan
captainsensation

skatulskijean wrote:
captainsensation wrote:i fixed collegehumor to pull from youtube. I also made an Epic Rap Battles of History, Jerry LaVigne Jr. and Dorkly plugin from this. If anyone wants one of them pm me. Thanks

Regards,

Jan Jr.
What you mean you fixed Collegehumor to pull from Youtube .
Collegehumor iss a xbmcswift addon on what for a build have you this working?
Regards Jan

collegehumor has a youtube channel. i made a default.py to route to their channel.