updated python.zlib and DLL's base on python 2.5,2.6 ,2.7 !

Discussion of plugin / script development for XBMC4Xbox
skatulskijean

updated python.zlib and DLL's base on python 2.5,2.6 ,2.7 !

Post by skatulskijean »

here give i my updated python zlib and dll back its is very hacking but its works (i found no issue with any addos)!

new intial from python 2.5, 2.6 , 2.7

new bisect
new codecs
new collectionsxbox give this for a import from collection on a addon its have most from the newer collecions module what per default not works on python 2.4

cockie.py from python 2.6
cockielib.py from python 2.6
functools initiall for python 2.4
_future_.py from python 2.6
hashlib.py intial for python 2.4
hmac.py from python 2.6
htplib.py from python 2.6
_LWPCockejar from python 2.6
Mozillacockiejar.py from python 2.6
smtplib.py python 2.6
socket.py changed to works with newer syntax
SocketServer.py changed
sre.py python python 2.6
sre.compile.py python 2.6
sreconstants.py python 2.6
sre_parse.py python 2.6
stringold.py changed
stringprep.py changed
urllib.py changed compatible python 2.6
urllib2.py changed compatible python 2.6
urlparse.py changed compatible python 2.6
userdict.py changed
jason python 2.6 we want no more import from simple json
ssl2 buggi but have no issue with exsisting working or adapted addon for xbmc4xbox

most give a solution to adapting addons from main xbmc easier and since more uptodate as our default python.zlib and DLL's

to work with my adapted python module
change python24.zlib on system/python to python24.zlib0
and change DLL's to DLL's0 than copy the updated Versions from my zip to the same Directory make a restart and its works!

[b]On my next Jan'sXbmc4xbox i adapting only main xbmc -addons on the Base from my updated python zlib and DLL's[/b]

To the Addon self :
install the zip over the Addons4xbox Istaller and Install from the xbmc4xbox repo the scriptmodule mechanize!
make your settings and its working!

bs4 is not the default bs4 from python 2.6 its a backport for python 2.5 with little changes base of the newer python24.zlib by me thats is working on python 2.4 to have bs4 only tested with the addon self have more lock to this when i have time!

This addon working on this version only with my new.python24.zlib and DLL's

Download:

http://db.tt/8PW1O14a
fxmech

Re: updated python.zlib and DLL's base on python 2.5,2.6 ,2.

Post by fxmech »

I'm not sure I understand what happens here. Does the Addons4Xbox Installer plugin only work with the mainline XBMC repo when this is installed? Can modified it so the plugins from the XBMC4Xbox repo work as well?

I look forward to see how we can merge these two libraries into an official release, while maintaining compatibility for plugins.

Good effort Jan, you're tackling the #1 frustration with plugins head-on. Thanks.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

fxmech wrote:I'm not sure I understand what happens here. Does the Addons4Xbox Installer plugin only work with the mainline XBMC repo when this is installed? Can modified it so the plugins from the XBMC4Xbox repo work as well?

I look forward to see how we can merge these two libraries into an official release, while maintaining compatibility for plugins.

Good effort Jan, you're tackling the #1 frustration with plugins head-on. Thanks.

No this is may way to make the python libs ( on xbmc4xbox) more mainline compatible!

As example:
with default python libs on python 2.4:

-import hashlib
is not working
When you will adapt that addon you must look on the code what hashlib do as example hashlib.md5
can not works ok you must import on xbmc4xbox(python 2.4)
from md5 import md5
and change hashlib.md5 to md5

Next example :
from functools import (works on python 2.6 but not on python 2.4)
with my module the import works!

Next example
from urlparse import parseqs (works not on python 2.4) with my libs is working to!

Next example
a import from collection on python 2.4 can not work the same as on python 2.6 or 2.5
then on the newer python Version give it newer Collections function what that modul on python 2.4 not have!
But with my way to access a collection import over import collectionxbox defaultdicrt and namedtuple()
Working to it is the same as you write a import collection on python 2.6!

Next example
import json works not on python 2.4 with my libs works and is faster as the scriptmodule json!

And many more

This all where nicer i hat it can do on a python 2.5 Version on xbmc4xbox!
But we have it not as example inline if and relative imports working than to and this is what you must most change when you adapting newer python code!

Regards Jan
psychotron

Post by psychotron »

Thanks Jan. Still a little unclear but what I read is it will allow newer mainline xbmc plugins to work with xbmc4xbox. So thank you very much!
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Thank you for the kind words ! Yes , it makes some things compatible ! Of course not all : What does not work without it to adapt are still many things but less than before ! In principle, it came from an addon for XBMC Main xbmc4xbox suit! Since I had no time to myself but had already been working on the python modules from xbmc4xbox and it was therefore easy to adapt ! I already posted my python modules solution here and the now compatible addon! This is a sport stream addon and requires a registration ! Since I do not see it here see nothing takes the Python version bring on more up to date , it is my only option to get it closer!
With my next Jan'sXbmc4Xbox I 'll just have to adapt based on my new python.zlib ! This means that certain addons on my new Jan'sXbmc4Xbox will no longer be on the standard xbmc4xbox will work ( must be adapted), but it does not matter because I can see no progress here !

Regards Jan
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I appreciate your efforts but what about the rest of the team and us all working together on the addons repository? This will cause fragmentation as there will be different libraries floating around, and plugins built for different setups.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

@BuzZ

Ja , aber was soll ich tun , es ist genauso wie mit meiner ersten Jan'sXbmc4xbox build ! Ich werde es auf meiner Jan'sXbmc4Xbox Build testen im größerem Einsatz ! Und wenn es dann dort Probleme geben sollte , werde ich versuchen Sie zu beheben , wenn dann das alles wie gewünscht läuft ! Wäre es sowie so besser ein python 2.5 zur xbmc4xbox Build zu geben und anschließend das was machbar ist und noch fehlt genau wie bei meinen python zlibs dort zu integrieren dann wären wir mit Ausnahme von ast usw. schon sehr kompatibel! Ein python 2.6 da vertraue ich mal denen die es für main xbmc intern probiert haben wird nicht funktionieren , aber ein python 2.5 vielleicht schon! Ja wenn ich was nicht laufen sollte gefixt habe muß ich das alles erst einmal dokumentieren und dann können wir es ohne bedenken zu der default Build geben!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I don't speak German btw. As I will have to just copy and paste it to google translate, im not sure the advantage of posting in German.

I'm not convinced a hybrid python is the best route - why not for now concentrate on backporting for our main repository and then I can look at a new python after 3.3 stable. I don't currently feel that working towards shipping a build of xbmc4xbox with plugins adapted only for that (and your upgraded python libs) does much for our team efforts.

eg - there isn't an "xbs' xbmc4xbox with confluence lite" - it's part of the main system, in the main repository managed under source control (so any developers can contribute to it).

We should encourage users to use the main release and the addons repository - anything else just causes confusion.

Obviously you are able to package up xbmc4xbox as you like (as long as you comply with the GPL), but I'm not going to support some 3rd party "compilation" directly via this forum - Especially if it contains code that differs from the vanilla xbmc4xbox..

Why not work on improving the main xbmc4xbox distribution, rather than splitting off to do your own thing. We have a bugtracker for patches etc.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

@BuzZ

What and where is the Team ?
i see only one Person what have the ability to change the sources!

I have ask for a long time to you for a new python version!
You have say ' with the next main-xbmc release and when she change the python version you make the same for xbmc4xbox!
She released Eden and you change nothing on the python Version!

I make my first Jan'xbmc4xbox and adapted many addons,scriptmodule, scripts from mainxbmc that she works on xbmc4xbox to as example urlresolver [removed] and many more i have say that i not the solution for all the Time!

I asked you what is of the list for you development on the next time!
You say you have no list !

I asked again for a newer python Version :
You say its not on your List!

I say i make a own repo base on install over the Addon4xboxInstaller!
You change the addon4xboxInstaller that better works!
And make a xbmc4xbox repo!

i adapted many for it but the the aviabilty from the main xbmc-repo on the installer confuse the users!
I say its better to delete the the abillity to install from the main-repo over the addon4xboxIstaller!

You say you think that not!

You think a hybrid python solution is not the best route!

I think she it is , than we have nothing better as this and i see nothing come better as this from you!

I have no Problem to change my Jan'sXbmc4xbox Thread to another Forum!
Many new user came to xbmc4xbox , and many come back to use the xbox with my Jan'sXbmc4Xbox!
Look on Tread and on the Post 's on it's and you understand!

And its you and others work and i adapted only the scriptmodule and addons and script on it but the users like this!

One Build with all working without problems !

i see not this as a thinking human way to change to adapt all on base on the old python way when i have with my updated python.libs a better solution!

Ok i have my updated python.zlib and DLL's give to the xbmc4xbox community she can work with it or change it thats better works !

You say :

Why not work on improving the main xbmc4xbox distribution, rather than splitting off to do your own thing. We have a bugtracker for patches etc.

Yes this is right but as example you change the sources that [removed] better works and the scriptmodule.xbmcswift working nomore!
I change the scriptmodule xbmcswift again that is working!
You make the next and the scriptmodulle xbmcswift working nomore!
I can only adapt and update the addons and scriptmodule base on a new stable eg 3.3!

Write a letter when you think you have this new Version and i go and update the scripts and scriptmodules and addons on the repo!

I have to thank for many what you have do for xbmc4xbox!
But many what you do can i not understand !

example no work on the python libs(new Version) i understan that the base is a working system but we have it!
You think that and i think a nother and you make what you think that is not a Team!

Regards Jan
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

blimey - take a chill pill :) I know English is not your first language, but what's with all the exclamations marks!
Rather than firing a list of your own questions and answers you might want to just reply on the points I actually made.
skatulskijean wrote:What and where is the Team ?
There are two people with direct sourcecode access. Me and xbs. If another developer wants to help, as soon as they have shown they understand what they are doing and are competent with the source control they too would have access. In the meantime anyone who wants can contribute patchsets. The fact we are low on developers has no impact on the way the project is run - it is unfortunate that I have to take on the bulk of the code responsibilities - I would much prefer it if there were more developers. There are however other members of the team, from forum admins and moderators, to skinners, scripters etc. That is a team.
skatulskijean wrote: I have ask for a long time to you for a new python version!
You have say ' with the next main-xbmc release and when she change the python version you make the same for xbmc4xbox!
She released Eden and you change nothing on the python Version!
I made no promises of anything. I do what I can when I can based on what seems to be needed and available free time.
skatulskijean wrote:I make my first Jan'xbmc4xbox and adapted many addons,scriptmodule, scripts from mainxbmc that she works on xbmc4xbox to as example urlresolver [removed] and many more i have say that i not the solution for all the Time!
To put this into perspective, you adapted addons yes. You did nothing with the xbmc4xbox code. You also did a release of unstable xbmc4xbox code which I ended up having to answer user queries about. The release confused users as many thought it was newer code than the ongoing builds. It wasn't helpful to the project directly in the way it was done. Better would have been to talk with us on getting the repository together.
skatulskijean wrote: I asked you what is of the list for you development on the next time!
You say you have no list !

I asked again for a newer python Version :
You say its not on your List!
Why should I have a list ? This is not a paid job. I have a "mental list" of things I want to do. ie ideas of where I would like to go. This changes all the time, depending on what others are doing, or ideas from people etc.
skatulskijean wrote: I say i make a own repo base on install over the Addon4xboxInstaller!
You change the addon4xboxInstaller that better works!
And make a xbmc4xbox repo!

i adapted many for it but the the aviabilty from the main xbmc-repo on the installer confuse the users!
I say its better to delete the the abillity to install from the main-repo over the addon4xboxIstaller!
You say you think that not!

You think a hybrid python solution is not the best route!
not sure what repo you made - perhaps you didn't communicate it. the addons4xbox installer was a drop in temporary fix for the old plugin installer until we had something better. The idea with the main repository was to have a whitelist/blacklist so only working plugins from that repository are shown. I lack the time to implement it. (Nor has anyone else had the time to do it). I think a hybrid solution is not a good idea as there is little info on what you changed, no history, and it causes yet more fragmentation with addons adapted for that and ones adapted for standard python. Since I will have to support users, I don't like the sound of that.
skatulskijean wrote: I think she it is , than we have nothing better as this and i see nothing come better as this from you!

I have no Problem to change my Jan'sXbmc4xbox Thread to another Forum!
Many new user came to xbmc4xbox , and many come back to use the xbox with my Jan'sXbmc4Xbox!
Look on Tread and on the Post 's on it's and you understand!
you are completely missing the point. Did you offer to contribute an updated python to the project ? no.. you went and did your own thing. fine - but if you want your ego stroked, this is not the place. I appreciate what you have done for the project with the addons4xbox, although there have been issues with broken addons left idle on the repository, and the fact you seem to have dropped that to do your own thing again. If you think you brought new users to the xbox, well done. However, I think it is the efforts of many that did that.. if it happened. and xbmc4xbox is not Jan's, nor Buzz's, but the work of many many people.
skatulskijean wrote: And its you and others work and i adapted only the scriptmodule and addons and script on it but the users like this!

One Build with all working without problems !

i see not this as a thinking human way to change to adapt all on base on the old python way when i have with my updated python.libs a better solution!
There are always problems, especially when addons break, and users need to wait for a whole new build to get a fix. Why do you feel the need to do your own build rather than helping with the main project..
skatulskijean wrote: Ok i have my updated python.zlib and DLL's give to the xbmc4xbox community she can work with it or change it thats better works !

You say :

Yes this is right but as example you change the sources that [removed] better works and the scriptmodule.xbmcswift working nomore!
I change the scriptmodule xbmcswift again that is working!
You make the next and the scriptmodulle xbmcswift working nomore!
I can only adapt and update the addons and scriptmodule base on a new stable eg 3.3!
I have not touched the xbmcswift module. but this is the first I have heard about that. you could post an issue on the addons4xbox bugtracker about this so we could work better together on this.
skatulskijean wrote: Write a letter when you think you have this new Version and i go and update the scripts and scriptmodules and addons on the repo!

I have to thank for many what you have do for xbmc4xbox!
But many what you do can i not understand !
example no work on the python libs(new Version) i understan that the base is a working system but we have it!
You think that and i think a nother and you make what you think that is not a Team!
Perhaps you don't understand due to the language barrier. If you thought updating the python libs was a good idea, why didn't you open a thread for discussion, and then perhaps contribute a patchset to the bugtracker? but that isn't what you did. you posted a zip and announced you will be adapting for it for your own packaged version of xbmc4bxox. That isn't directly helpful - it also suggests you will be no longer supporting what you have already done for the addons4xbox addons, which means someone else (quite likely me or kozz) have to pick up where you left off.

Please try and work with us.
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Although I'm not a contributor or part of the team, I completely agree with your logic BuZz!

Jan, I don't use any addons at all but I appreciate what you have done; however, you could have a better approach on how you go about it, as BuZz suggested! It's your choice!

It's always a good idea to be able to maintain a history of changes and easily revert if needs be, hence source control. Your replies are sounding more and more like frustration and attacks each time; if you feel frustrated, imagine how BuZz feels that he's doing the actual xbmc stuff all by himself; remember, it's not always about you!

Communication!!!
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

I think this can be easily sorted out in an actual voice conversation on TeamSpeak, I believe there's a lot that's been lost in translation here (pun intended), especially around tone and emotions...
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... 418&p=5946

I'm a professional software developer (although not a C++ developer) - stating this not to show off (ok, I'm lying, as we all know programmers have big egos :-)), but just to show I know a thing or two about this and hopefully won't just put more fuel on the fire. All the information below is actually coming from the Development tab at the top.

There is a list of issues (tickets) and that's maintained in Redmine by users (reporters) and developers - a ticket for tracking the Python library upgrade would be most welcomed in there to track the progress (whoever is going to actually do development on it, you skatulskijean or Buzz or someone else):
http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/ ... t_filter=1

There is a list of developers with access to the sources (I believe I may have access as well from looking in there, although made very few commits in the past, probably in the old repository). You (skatulskijean) can be easily added in there if you want to work on a separate branch, obviously with both yours and Buzz's approval (see more below):
http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/xbmc4xbox

As Python is actually part of the project sources, it should continue to be maintained in there (for the obvious reasons that Dom mentioned, being able to track modifications and keeping sources in a central locations where both developers and builders have access to) - I can see very easily being able to create a branch where the new Python libraries can be integrated and built for people to test, and then bring them back into trunk when stable and released in one of the next versions:
http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/ ... tem/python
http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/ ... /libPython

Last but not least, this is an international effort :-) as we all know and just to prove it: Buzz and whufclee are both British, Xbs is Portuguese, dom-executioner is American, Xphazer is French-Canadian, I'm 100% Romanian and the list goes on with everyone else - some have contributed with patches or simply reported bugs, others helped people on forums or simply used the application. I think we should all sit down and have an actual conversation and I'm sure we can move on and put all this behind us.
Dom DXecutioner

Dan, if I read this correctly, you'll be doing some patches and commits in the immediate future? :)

You're my other Hero! I remember that patch you made to get programs database arbitrary queries working. :D
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@Dom
I've spent in fact quite a bit of time over the last two weeks playing with the project and trying to fix a scraper for starters, I haven't got too far, went a lot back and forth, but I'd like to think I might be able to commit something over the next week or two. Hopefully if I get past the initial frustration I will get to learn and contribute more. That was just a copy and paste job, I wouldn't think I'm C++ coding from that :-)

PS: We're on TeamSpeak now if anyone wants to join us.
Dom DXecutioner

Even if it was a copy and paste job, it requires aptitude and understanding of what you're looking at; it has been very useful for me and I am obliged!

Unlike that punk BuZz whom can't apply a proper request properly! Damn you BuZz, damn you I say!!! Just kidding! You're the man! :D
byron

Post by byron »

@ Skatulski...Sie haben viel für uns getan, bitte bleib bei uns und halten die Unterstützung unseres Projekts. i für eine vollständig schätzen Ihre Bemühungen!
BuZz wrote:I have a "mental list" of things I want to do. ie ideas of where I would like to go. This changes all the time, depending on what others are doing, or ideas from people etc.
Couldn't agree more
Skatulski wrote:What and where is the Team ?
I have burnt a lot of midnight oil over the last year obsessing and manipulating code from a skinning aspect...if I'm not a part of the team then shoot me where I stand! I don't even want to think about all of the time I've invested into this project if it's all for not...I know you understand that feeling. But, I've come to understand that it's about the people using what I've done, and how to make it better for them (and me :) ). Sure, I don't understand the C++ side of things...but I know how to make it look good and run faster...I feel like a part of the "team" at that point.

What I don't understand is why Skatulski has spent so much time adapting modules without actual commits to source...I get the feeling Jan is waiting for BuZz to follow suit and start in on a new python? With so much work implemented, surely much good can come out of it.

At any rate, thanks for all of the hard work Jan...
Dom DXecutioner

Byron, you - much like Jan - are part of the community and a contributor, which by default makes you part of the team. All that you gentlemen do is much appreciated by me and many others.

Jan, I hope you don't take my comments negatively; I hope you continue all your great work and hopefully source control can be most beneficial.

BuZz, work harder, you're slacking off buddy! :D
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

I knew if I was going to list people I will miss someone - adding you Byron (US) :-)
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:
BuZz, work harder, you're slacking off buddy! :D
LMAO!!! :lol:

Yeah FASTER! more Red wine and more work! LOL!

Just playing.... really appreciate all that is done by everyone!
byron

Post by byron »

@Dom...hope I didn't come off as "fishing for compliments," but thanks just the same I'll surely take them.

@Dan...ditto, and I have reached a point within this community where even though it's nice to have some recognition it certainly isn't necessary.

I had an "oops moment" on the forum not too long ago, and the ususal suspects (all of you guys, jan included) made it pretty clear to me that what I was doing was appreciated and that my ego isn't relevant to the rest of the community. I started what I was doing in large part for myself, but others seem to dig it and now it's more about that. I never actually would have come up with all of these concepts and ideas on my own, which I believe is the whole point of a community in the first place. Dom actually pointed it out very clearly to me at that time...it's supposed to be fun ;) It's not a job, and as much as I think we all want things to maybe move faster at times (and have accolades if you will)...at the end of the day it is what it is, a frustrating clunky piece of old-ass hardware that we all keep taking to the next level. Impressive to say the least, and much thanks to all involved ---